Sign in to follow this  
aldox62

How to add custom waypoints to a FMC route ?

Hi all,

I loaded to the fmc a route to KIAD and noticed there is an almost 180 deg turn just 10nm before landing. I'd like to add a custom waypoint so to somehow "round" the path to the runway. In the PMDG 737 FMC I'd add a FIX/BRG/DIST waypoint like MOSBY/290/10, but I do not find a way to go with the 777 FMC.

Just opened the FIX page, added the FIX as per the FMC screen fields - MOSBY at LSK 1L, 290/10 at LSK 2L - and it looks there are no errors, but then I do not find ways to copy the fix, paste it into the legs page and include it into the active route I'm flying right now

Can someone advise on how to do ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Aldo

Aldo

Add the custom waypoint just like you would in the NGX. Do it on the Legs page not the Fix page.

Michael Cubine

Jaime, Michael

you rocked ! It worked perfeclty, and I'm about to land in 15' so just had the chance to modify the route on the fly !!

Thanks

Ciao

Aldo

Also you can use this one too.  FIXname/-20 : this makes new waypoint which is 20miles from the FIX on the track.