Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Frame rates with 2 monitors

Hi allis there a frame rate loss if you use say one Video card and connect 2 monitors to the one card and dock the FMC and other 2D applications to the other monitor?The reason i ask is i see some frame rate loss when the other monitor is enabled with 2D applications on it while FS2004 is running.

I use two PC (Desk PC Dell and laptop PC Toshiba) linked together and using the laptop as extra screen with MaxiVista software. The FPS is still reaching its target FPS locked at 20. But I use the Toshiba for extra poanels such as FlightKeeper ACARS device, the Garmin screen and the FlightKeeper map. I do not use it for an external view.Roger

Hithx for that interesting article there, i never knew you could put other views besides 2D applications on another monitor and get no frame rate loss.

Guest RonB49

I read the article and would like to try it but I found no instruction on how to enable the "dual mode." Would I need a second Display.Device entry in the config file (fs3.cfg)? R-

Guest av84fun

I read the article too and am still confused about all the ins and outs of dual monitor usage.I would like to cast a vote for Avsim management to set up a Multiple Monitor Forum. The choices seem to be simply plugging in another monitor into the vid card or using MaxiVista, WideFS, WideView etc. all of which leaves me scratching my head.Regards,Jim