Sign in to follow this  

Do you have a link to the report on that Kalita 747? Have never heard of this incident for some reason.

That video is the only place I've heard of it.  If we can't find any other sources, it may not be quite real.

Sounds like you are talking about Helios 522, there was an alarm , the crew thought it was related to the take off config.

Ah yes, and here's the documentary.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Has been said many times, Nothing wrong with that last transmission, perfectly normal in many parts of the world.

777 pressurization is fully automatic with many fail safe systems built in.  You don't 'set' anything, just enter your departure and arrival into the FMC 

That video is the only place I've heard of it.  If we can't find any other sources, it may not be quite real.

Hook

I'm thinking it's not real, am sure I would have heard of it. I know a guy at Kalitta, will ask him.

Edit - apparent true  story, no idea if it's really true - Kalitta Charter Learjet, pilot selected bleeds off to keep airplane cooler and forgot to turn them back on. 

Cheers

Rob Prest

Gerry, you missed "didn't read the rest of the thread before posting" and "made a double post."  That's ok, I don't mind distancing a new thread from all the conspiracy theories.  I'm sure this one will get moved when a moderator notices it.

Hook

What didn't I read?

What didn't I read?

I was talking about the original poster not reading the rest of the other thread before posting.  Hypoxia was mentioned several times in that thread.

Hook

Larry Hookins

#####, I have never really used forums before and I sure as hell don't think I will again. I started a new post because I was trying to do the right thing by flex, and I cut paste to show the seeming similarity of events (course correction) to MH370 with out having to type 1500 words out. I didn't know this was a no no. I am simply a very avid aviation enthusiast that hates to see all the conspiracy conjecture going on about MH370 and wanted a simple question answered. I was hoping to have a friendly chat with like minded folk. I did not come to be made to feel stupid because I am not tech savvy and know the inner workings of a chat forum. Thank you Hook for answering the question without the condemnation.

Thank you Hook for answering the question without the condemnation.

Don't worry about it.  I remember back when I was new in the late 80's on dial-up BBS systems.  It takes a few weeks to get fully into the swing of things.

I've seen more useful information on the hypoxia theory in this thread than in all the others.  While I wouldn't have started a new thread about it, I'm glad someone did.

It might have been better to link the wikipedia article instead of copying the whole thing.  But... live and learn.  And don't have too thin a skin, you'll never make it out alive.  :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Edit - apparent true story, no idea if it's really true - Kalitta Charter Learjet, pilot selected bleeds off to keep airplane cooler and forgot to turn them back on.

Ah, thanks!

And see, the admins moved the thread to the proper place.  :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

I was talking about the original poster not reading the rest of the other thread before posting. Hypoxia was mentioned several times in that thread.

My point was not about hypoxia but pointless posting. There's another thread on the matter and also posted in the the wrong thread.