Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capt Speirs

Stuck on the Tarmac at KDEN

Pushing back from A42 at Imaginesim KDEN slowly increasing power to roll in the PMDG 777 and she slowly gains speed then stops about 100 ft later. I give her a little more power (30%) and she won't budge. I increase to 40%, nothing, increase to 50% she begins to shake add more power, now she's really shaking but won't move. No, I don't have any brakes set, Tiller turned, "Brake Temp" warnings or flats. So, I slew forward a bit and she will move a little only to stop again, slew to the right on to the Taxi lane and she rolls perfectly. This happens every time even when pushing back from A32 and Taxing the opposite direction. Has anyone encountered this before? Google search was fruitless, sorry to say (unless I am Google challenged). 

Ric Elmore

747-8%20Lufthansa%20Banner%202.jpgAmerican777-300smbanner.jpg 

Does this happen only at this airport?  I know this takes all the fun out of sitting in the cockpit, but have you tried taxiing from a locked-spot view so you might see what's blocking you or if your wheels have sunk into the tarmac?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Does this happen only at this airport?  I know this takes all the fun out of sitting in the cockpit, but have you tried taxiing from a locked-spot view so you might see what's blocking you or if your wheels have sunk into the tarmac?

Only KDEN by Imaginesim and yes viewed from locked spot to see if someone threw chocks in front of my wheels. lol I even tried taxing through that area when at speed (20 - 30 knots) and it didn't seem to slow down just an issue from stopped or low speed. I tried to taxi through it again at about 30% and found that if I don't turn the front strut it will slowly pick up speed and make it through, but ever so slowly.

I guess I will have to email Imaginesim, they don't seem to have a forum.

Ric Elmore

I'm downloading a demo for KDEN from them right now I will try from your gate position to see if my aircraft does the same as yours.  I did see 1 update for KDEN for FS2004, don't know if that will have any effect.

UPDATE:  After installing the Imaginesim KDEN demo I tried a flight starting at gate A-42.

I noticed this is a small gate and maybe a larger gate will suit your 777.  I got my clearance and taxied slowy,  with many stops while turning, to Runway 8.  No real problems to report.  It will be interesting what Imaginesim has to say!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It's abug with airport. I gave up on them after sending emails and even trying to fix it via airport designer has to do with their elevation being wrong so are stuck, mine got to point where I would taxi along and suddenly find my nose bounced up like I hit speed bump and if you have crash detect enabled it would crush the plane even thou u are taxing on the open taxiway

Not great product regret purchase but it was the only thing available. Waiting on the other guys to do the new version of Kden

For now might have find spot where u are not stuck, not sure what u fly but usually fly out of b38-42 seems to be ok, or a gates didn't have issues there,

Thanks Andre

Andre Malishkin

- I am not a real pilot, but i did stay at holiday inn express -

I'm downloading a demo for KDEN from them right now I will try from your gate position to see if my aircraft does the same as yours.  I did see 1 update for KDEN for FS2004, don't know if that will have any effect.

UPDATE:  After installing the Imaginesim KDEN demo I tried a flight starting at gate A-42.

I noticed this is a small gate and maybe a larger gate will suit your 777.  I got my clearance and taxied slowy,  with many stops while turning, to Runway 8.  No real problems to report.  It will be interesting what Imaginesim has to say!

I might have the number wrong, it is a heavy gate in the United gates. Once I get passed that area I have had no problems.

It's abug with airport. I gave up on them after sending emails and even trying to fix it via airport designer has to do with their elevation being wrong so are stuck, mine got to point where I would taxi along and suddenly find my nose bounced up like I hit speed bump and if you have crash detect enabled it would crush the plane even thou u are taxing on the open taxiway

Not great product regret purchase but it was the only thing available. Waiting on the other guys to do the new version of Kden

For now might have find spot where u are not stuck, not sure what u fly but usually fly out of b38-42 seems to be ok, or a gates didn't have issues there,

Thanks Andre

I thought it might be a bug and like you I bought it because that is all that is available for now. The canvasing for smooth Tarmac begins, wish me luck.

Ric Elmore

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

50%
    $12,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now