Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Is there a way to keep enlarged PFD/ND in views?

Is there a setting where once I click on the PFD and ND to enlarge them in a given view, that when I return to that view, they remain enlarged?

Thanks...

This is easy my friend. I created this file modification since a long time ago. Just open the file panel.cfg located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel and change the [Windows08] section to the one mentioned below. Then you use Shift+9 to have a larger PDF/ND/EICAS and Shift+1 to come back to the original one :

[Window08]
file_1024=PMDG_NGX_main_wide.bmp
size_mm=1920, 1200
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
position=7
visible=0
ident=MAIN_PANEL

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CaptainGlareshieldEdge,     684, 410, 1236, 26, MAIN
gauge01=PMDG_737NGX!LeftGlareshieldEdge,        304, 414, 380,  89, MAIN
gauge02=PMDG_737NGX!LeftGlareshieldEdge1,       219, 503, 236,  98, MAIN
gauge03=PMDG_737NGX!CaptainColumn,             1476,   0, 230, 410, MAIN
gauge04=PMDG_737NGX!ClockSwitch,                  0, 520, 219, 157, MAIN
//gauge05=PMDG_737NGX!ChronometerPanel,             0, 667, 219, 523, L #1 MAIN
gauge06=PMDG_737NGX!DU,                         0, 600, 640, 600, LEFT_OUTBD #1 MAIN
gauge07=PMDG_737NGX!DU,                         640, 600, 640, 600, LEFT_INBD #2 MAIN
gauge08=PMDG_737NGX!DU,                        1280, 600, 640, 600, UPPER #3 MAIN
//gauge09=PMDG_737NGX!Standby,                   1122, 601, 221, 599, MAIN
//gauge10=PMDG_737NGX!GearPanel,                 1796, 601, 123, 599, MAIN
//gauge11=PMDG_737NGX!DSP_Captain,                219, 601, 903, 174, MAIN
//gauge12=PMDG_737NGX!MainMisc,                  1343, 602, 453, 174, MAIN
gauge13=PMDG_737NGX!MasterCautionSystem_Captain,455, 503, 229,  98, MAIN
gauge14=PMDG_737NGX!EFIS_Captain,               684, 436, 285, 165, MAIN
gauge15=PMDG_737NGX!MCP,                        969, 436,1099, 165, MAIN
gauge16=PMDG_737NGX!LightSensor,                  0,   0,   4,   4

Regards,

Adenilson

Well instead of editing PMDG files and possibly messing something up, just click on a display, in this case, the ND. Undock the display by right clicking on it. Then, undock the display by clicking undock. Then, it'll become a window, that can be resized, and will stay on the screen. 

Hope this helped.

Well instead of editing PMDG files and possibly messing something up, just click on a display, in this case, the ND. Undock the display by right clicking on it. Then, undock the display by clicking undock. Then, it'll become a window, that can be resized, and will stay on the screen. 

Hope this helped.

While I understand your sentiment, if you back everything up, you don't risk anything.

Plus, he's looking for a permanent solution where he doesn't have to adjust it each time.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, I'll backup the file first. I don't mind editing it.

Question: where are the key cmds that zoom/unzoom the PFD/ND? (The shift-9/shift-1)

Question: where are the key cmds that zoom/unzoom the PFD/ND? (The shift-9/shift-1)

I think they're implicit in the definition of the view.  In the above panel.cfg text, you can see the first line is [Window08].  I think that would be SHIFT+9 (numbering starts at 00, I think...).  I could be absolutely and completely wrong, however...

I heard guidance before, though, that you should avoid the SHIFT commands and, instead, click on the appropriate click spots.  For the PFD/ND, you just click on the screens in the VC.

Kyle Rodgers

@ads2006

I added your text into my panel.cfg file but saw no changes at all to the sizes of the PDF/ND. Also Shift+9 and Shift+1 did not work.

I can still click on the PFD and pop it up bigger which is fine, but when I change views, I lose that pop up view. I was hoping there was some way to keep the PFD popped up when returning to that view.

I added your text into my panel.cfg file but saw no changes at all to the sizes of the PDF/ND. Also Shift+9 and Shift+1 did not work.

The above text says replace, not add.  Did you add it as you wrote, or replace it as was instructed?  That may be the issue.

but when I change views, I lose that pop up view.

That's just how FSX works.

Kyle Rodgers

I did a replace (not add)...but I guess its a moot point if that's how FSX works (won't keep the panels zoomed when you return to that panel view).

Well I know some FSX aircraft have a <functional> knob to zoom in or out the ND.

Plus, he's looking for a permanent solution where he doesn't have to adjust it each time.

In that case, you would have to edit the files. I just undock them onto a separate resizable window.

Rfresh737,

Sorry for a long delay in respond you. I am imagining you are trying fo play the 800 variant of 737 because you are editing the panel.cfg of this variant and will not work in 700 or 900 variants unless you change their respectives panel.cfg files.

Shift+9 I mean to hold left Shift key and press number 9 in the keyboard. It need to work because this instructions is resizing the PDF/ND/EICAS.

ads2006

Rfresh737,

See my panel.cfg file in the link : http://rapidshare.com/share/D8DDF6F6A52A05D1F5E9356CBCC64FBA - click in the square button "to Download" in the bottom of the page to download the file.

Replacing this file the way I did represent no risk or damage to PMDG737 functionalities. Again replace at location : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel

Let me know if work.

ads2006

Thanks but that didn't work.

I guess I'm not being clear on what behavior I'm trying to get. When I click on the PFD it enlarges. The larger size is fine. I don't want to change the size of it. I just want to keep it there, at that larger size, when I change cockpit views.

But I think, as Kyle pointed out, FSX just doesn't work that way. When I change the cockpit view, the PFD restores to its default (smaller) size and I have to click on it again to enlarge it.

Rfresh737,

The airplane must be in 2D view mode. It will not work in 3D view mode. Particularly I do not like 3D view and pans.

In 2D view mode (you can adjust it permanantly thru FSX configuration menu) it can be used Shift+9 to enlarge PDF/ND/EICAS exactly the same computer display width and larger height. Using Shift+1 will return back to default sizes.

Please give at least a try an let me know. I love it.

ads2006

I don't use 2D mode at all and I have EZdok installed to handle my VC views. Thanks for your post however, I appreciate your help.

Hi Ralph,

Do you fly in full screen? I do and just have another monitor where I drag my enlarged PFD/ND. They're still there when I change the view.

Hope this helps.

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert