Sign in to follow this  
andyd954

Newbie crash

Hi there. I am pretty much a complete novice with FSX, but I recently just built a computer with some pretty good specs and I am having a CTD when I switch views in FSX. Sorry if this question has been answered before, but if anyone can help me I would so appreciate it as I just got this computer and its quite frustrating. Also, the program in general doesn't look all that amazing. Any tips to make it look better would be great!

Here are my specs:

GEFORCE GTX760

Intel i5 4670K @3.4 

8 GB Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium

Here is what the event viewer reads:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000e52a
Faulting process id: 0x13a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf4db1cb4d8bae
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: 9e7a3b45-b9a7-11e3-8e4c-bcee7b8a00da

Also, the program in general doesn't look all that amazing. Any tips to make it look better would be great!

It would be best if you asked this in the FSX Forum but you should start with the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link under Hot Spots to the right of this forum). With your system you will not be able to turn your FSX sliders to the max. You don't need to though. FSX works great with crisp clear graphics when the sliders are reduced slightly to allow FSX and any add to "breathe".

Now the crash. The uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.0.0.0 was the faulting module but not the cause of the crash. It is the latest version for your version of Windows 7. It is part of the Microsoft.net Framework packages which are used by the developers of FSX and FSX addons to make sure their program runs as they intended, including the management of memory. When you installed FSX, version 1.1 was installed but that was soon superseded by Version 2.0. So you should have Versions 2 through the latest versions installed. See Page 5 of the AVSIM CTD Guide for a full explanation and links if you are missing any versions. If you are running a program that requires Microsoft.net version 2.0 and that is not installed, then you will get an error/crash. The appropriate versions of uiautomationcore.dll are installed with each software program you install but sometimes people make a backup of their installation of FSX, reinstall Windows and the appropriate versions of Microsoft.net are not installed causing frequent unexplained crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10