Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Want to start using this, But....

Hi all, I really want to give P3dv2.x another go. I have the patch and the prepared installed and sitting on a new 256GB SSD drive waiting to go, and you can see my system in my pc profile. 

I have the same problem I had with the 2.0 and 2.1 release, lots of micro stutters. I should point out I am on a fresh install of windows 7 too. I have X-plane 10.25 and Prepar3d on my SSD with windows, and that is all.

I fixed micro stutters in X-plane (and previously FSX) by using a 1/2 refresh vsync tweak. Is there a similar tweak for prepared 2? I have tried the setting in the prepared menu, to enable triple buffering and vsync, but it doesn't fix my issue.

I would appreciate it anyone has come up with a solution to this? 

P.s I'm running a 27" monitor at 1920*1080

Thank you all, Ian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would say it was more caused by the monitor refresh rate. More like skipping. Since I got a new monitor, it doesn't happen in x-plane 10 anymore. However, p3dv2, well still stutters away...... I would really like to know if anyone had implemented the 1/2 refresh trick with it successfully? Or am I missing something else?

I would really like to know if anyone had implemented the 1/2 refresh trick with it successfully?

I don't think so.. I'm pretty sure this would be something drivers would allow, so maybe when v2.x gets a profile we may be able to use this function.... however I may be wrong.

i see I see, so what are people doing that suffer from these stutters/screen skipping?