Sign in to follow this  
AndySVW

Concorde X ILS Landing

Hello,

at first I want to appologize if my english is not the best because Im from Germany :-)

I have a question and I hope you can give me some answers.

Im not a proffesional Pilot.

Okay the concorde X ... 

I can start the Concorde X ...

I know how to fly the concorde X to maximum cruise ...

But to land the Concorde X ... this is really difficult for me ...

So with other planes an ILS landing is for me not a problem, but with the concorde X ... this is really an adventure.

I need your help in the following Situation.

Normally in other planes ... usually I fly IFR flights ... and with other planes on IFR ... the ATC manage it that come close to the localizer of the Airport ... so I choose the Radio stack and type in the frequency of the approach runway and I type in the CRS ... and then we can hear the sound ... the I press the LOC button and the localizer is captured ... and then I take a look onto my gauge in ILS mode and when I see that the needle is slowing down I push the APP button and the landing procedure starts ...

But with the Concorde X IFR flight ... 

I need your help or a little tutorial how to set the ILS parameters.

What I found out is that I have to set both NAV gauges the ILS frequency of the runway ... but where do I set the CRS ? 

And even I set NAV gauges both on the frequency ... I dont hear any sound like in other planes ... 

I searched the whole Internet to find a tutorial how to setup the plane for an ILS land or what settings I have to do for the ILS land.

I know maybe it is annoying because Im a beginner ... 

But please can someone write me step by step what I have to do for the ILS land ... 

Example ... Im 56 Miles away from the approach and 5.000 feet ... 

So what steps are following now ? 

Also I read the manual ... but I cant find how to set up the ILS land ... 

I would be so thankfull when someone can give me a detailed instruction or tutorial what I have to do 56 Miles away in 5.000 feet

Thank you very much for the help :-)

First of all, I guess you want to perform auto approach and autoland. Otherwise, you can land with ILS manually - hand flying.

You set course with white knobs at MCP just like in 737 for example. The tone is probably ILS identifier, and it's probably turned off at audio panel positioned at pedestal.

The procedure is pretty much same as in any other modern aircraft. Set both nav radios, and both courses to ILS freq/course. Press VOR LOC button on MCP to capture localizer and LAND to capture Glideslope, and activate both autopilots.

Before all of that you should set BBS to open and BATTERY to ESS MAIN SPLIT at electrical panel.

The process is very well explained at Concorde X Tutorial flight document starting at page 9-122.

First of all, I guess you want to perform auto approach and autoland. Otherwise, you can land with ILS manually - hand flying.

You set course with white knobs at MCP just like in 737 for example. The tone is probably ILS identifier, and it's probably turned off at audio panel positioned at pedestal.

The procedure is pretty much same as in any other modern aircraft. Set both nav radios, and both courses to ILS freq/course. Press VOR LOC button on MCP to capture localizer and LAND to capture Glideslope, and activate both autopilots.

Before all of that you should set BBS to open and BATTERY to ESS MAIN SPLIT at electrical panel.

The process is very well explained at Concorde X Tutorial flight document starting at page 9-122.

Thank you so much for your help.

I found it all and I did my first Autoland with the concorde X  ^_^

Only thing is ... the plane was not landing on the runway ... it landed beside the runway ... but I guees it has something to do with the ILS frequencies because I use an addon for the Airport ... 

I executed "make runways" from Pete Dowson ... 

I hope the plane will now land on the runway  ^_^

Thank you very much again