Sign in to follow this  
cat3appr

B777 200 Saved FSX Flights Now Load with No Cockpit Displays-All Blank

I recently purchased the PMDG B77 200 and love it. I used FS Build to create a couple flight plans, brought up the B777 via normal FSX procedures, set all of the flight parameters including all FMC parameters and then saved the flight situation. Opened the saved flight situation later and flew both saved flights and everything was fine. I created a third (and then fourth) flight plan via FSB, went thru same procedure as before, and then saved the flight in FSX. When I opened I didn't get the normal 14 or so seconds of B777 simulation load time, all of the overhead panel showed normal conditions but all of the cockpit displays (MCP, ND, PFD, EICAS, etc.) were blank. Did a fourth flight plan, followed all of the normal FSX procedures, etc. and same thing, no cockpit displays (all blank). Went back to the two original saved flights and opened and all was well, but the last two, of which I followed exactly the same procedure as the first two have the completely blank cockpit displays upon loading the FSX saved situation. I tried everything, can't figure it out. If all saved flights did the same thing I would think a reload of the B777 program may be in order, but it's not consistent. Ideas, suggestions, what do I need to do or look at? Thx.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could you post on some screenshots, I have a feeling this might be the same problem I am going through, My quick fix is to manually reload the exact panel state from the FMC. I'd send a support ticket if I wasn't to darn lazy LOL

When I opened I didn't get the normal 14 or so seconds of B777 simulation load time, all of the overhead panel showed normal conditions but all of the cockpit displays (MCP, ND, PFD, EICAS, etc.) were blank. Did a fourth flight plan, followed all of the normal FSX procedures, etc. and same thing, no cockpit displays (all blank). Went back to the two original saved flights and opened and all was well, but the last two, of which I followed exactly the same procedure as the first two have the completely blank cockpit displays upon loading the FSX saved situation.

Hi, Cat3appr,

A few questions:

1) Are you seeing the ultralite/Friday Harbor as default at startup?

2) Are you loading a 777 flight right after you already loaded a previous 777 flight?

Did you start a new flight with a newly loaded 777 after you already had a 777 loaded when you set up the situations you saved that are causing problems? 

If you did either of these things, you need to not load two different 777 saved flights in a row, and you need to not load one 777 livery on top of another.   You need to either shut down and restart FSX in between loading new 777 liveries or saved 777 flights, or at least load the default ultralite/Friday Harbor flight in between loading 777 flights.  Just loading the default Ultralite in between may work as well.

If you have been doing everything as above, then try Najul's suggestion and load the panel state that has the same name as the saved flight you just reloaded with blank gauges and no countdown.  That MAY work or it may not.

In addition to all of the above, sometimes a bug gets into a saved flight and it's best just to delete it and start over fresh.

Mike

Hey Mike

Been very busy at work so am just now able to get back to this thread. Answers to your questions:

To try a different approach , I deleted the FSX 777 saved FSX situation I loaded and that came up blank and with no countdown, to rule out loading two 777 flight plans right after each other. I then rebuilt the same flightplan that I had deleted via FS Build and then sent to the PMDG 777 flight plan file (I know this works as I have other 777 flightplans that work from FSB generated flight plans).

I then started FSX and this was the first FSX program opening after computer start (Ultralite was showing), loaded PMDG 777 200 aircraft, current location, current weather (I'm using Active Sky Evolution), and current time and season (no fuel or payload as this is done thru 777 Menu options), and selected "fly now". PMDG 777 200 aircraft came up running and with countdown active, and loaded properly. I then brought in the CO route generated from FSB (was fine) and set up the FMC, cockpit preparation, fuel and payload, etc. After fully prepared flight I saved to FSX with a defined name. I then shut down FSX.

To test I then reopened FSX, and then with flight "load" function, I loaded in the previously saved 777 200 flight. Came up with no countdown, the overhead panel showing all normal status lights, but all other gages totally blank. The FMC was also blank and I couldn't bring up the FMC "menu" to try that approach. There was some sound but couldn't determine where it was coming from (APU, etc.). When switching view to external view the plane is shown with no landing gear. The departure airport was not a scenery upgrade so it doesn't look like a conflict with scenery was active. I created and saved several flight plans for the PMDG 777 200 with success, but then this situation just started and now I can't save any FSX flight plans that when I come back to fly after the original save will start, have the normal countdown, don't have gage blanked, etc. I did this same thing with the default PMDG 77 200 livery thinking that maybe another livery was causing an issue, but no difference, same result.

So, still stumped.

To test I then reopened FSX, and then with flight "load" function, I loaded in the previously saved 777 200 flight. Came up with no countdown, the overhead panel showing all normal status lights, but all other gages totally blank. The FMC was also blank and I couldn't bring up the FMC "menu" to try that approach. There was some sound but couldn't determine where it was coming from (APU, etc.). When switching view to external view the plane is shown with no landing gear.

Hi, cat3appr,

Sorry you are having so much trouble.

Two very different thoughts:

1)  Make sure the panel state, including flight plan, is being saved properly.  You might have an administrative rights issue, especially if FSX is installed in a Programs folder (typically Program Files (x86)).  In addition to the files saved in documents/FSX, the panel state is saved in

...Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState

The three files saved are as follows:
[sAVED-FLIGHT-NAME].FLT.0.rte
[sAVED-FLIGHT-NAME].FLT.fmc
[sAVED-FLIGHT-NAME].FLT.sav

If they are not there, try running FSX as administrator. 

2)  Some people report problems using external flight planners.  In particular, the flight planners put in an altitude below sea level. EHAM seems to be mentioned frequently as causing problems. This involves a known bug in the T7 that is on the list of fixes. However this doesn't show up the way your problems do.  Usually seems to result in error "destination airport doesn't exist."   At any rate, you could try setting up your aircraft from scratch, entering the exact same flight plan manually instead of using an external planner, saving, restarting FSX, reloading flight.  See if the problem goes away.

In the mean time, just to be on the safe side, I suggest you not use an external weather program until everything is working reliably.  Then add it back in and see if everything is still OK

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Flights are saved in FSX/PMDG/PMDG777X/Panel State exactly as you note

FSX is not installed on x86...totally separate.

I do run FSX as an administrator

FS Build flight planner worked fine with other PMDG 777 200 flight plans, just now started having issues with 777 200 not allowing me to save any 777 200 flight plans and then have them work after initially saving. 

The most recent PMDG 777 200 flight plan uses LFPG as the departure airport which doesn't work after saving the FSX flight. Reading in forums I haven't seen that one as a problem with the altitude below sea level issue.  

Using Active Sky Evolution, it has been flawless with all sims, including the PMDG 777 with saved PMDG FSX flights that do work properly.  Not being able to use that great weather program is likely going to be a big issue if that is necessary to resolve this issue. But I will give it shot in saving a 777 200 flight plan and seeing if it loads afterwards, without ASE and see what happens.

I am also now encountering once in a while OOM issues....never had that issue with any other sim...and I have flown thousands of hours with various high end sims, and I have a high end computer.  

I will try the manual loading, but there's just nothing like that great FSB program to create and download CO routes into the FMC.

If I had this same problem with other sims I would think it might be a system or FSX issue, but this is the first time I have encountered issues with not being able to load saved FSX flights, and OOM issues.

Maybe SP1 will fix?

If I had this same problem with other sims I would think it might be a system or FSX issue, but this is the first time I have encountered issues with not being able to load saved FSX flights, and OOM issues.

What happens if you set up the aircraft from scratch at the departure airport after a fresh FSX start, and then load the saved panel state only from the saved flight?

I suppose you have the highmem fix, etc?

Mike

Not at my FSX computer right now, but I think I don't run FSX as administrator, and that doing so creates problems.  I don't run FS inside a program files folder.

Mike