Sign in to follow this  
Driftingisfun106

CTD Windows 8.1 April 2014 HELP!

***SKIP TO RECENT DOWNLOADS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ PARAGRAPH*** I also think this is my first topic on avsim fourms.

Anyhow, I need loads of help, FSX RECENTLY has been crashing to desktop randomly which has never happened, it was doing just fine. I did multiple flights with airbus X extended, and worked perfectly with slight lag with big airports and lots of traffic like at KORD. However recently, I have been downloading some things, not sure if it adds bad files to FSX but its been freezing LOADS now. For example, I can start a flight, but if I try to climb out it freezes and logs out of FSX. This also happens in cruise, and descent. Haven't even gotten to do a landing in about a month now and I'm afraid my skills will get a tad rusty.  :(

*If you're curious here are the most recent downloads I have gotten (which I suppose of the CTD)

AC_ICAO_39, ivap-v2.0.2-b2773 (application to show traffic for online on VATSIM possibly?), AC_ICAO_45, application for the traffic online(?), VatsimSetup, [setupFSInn], SetupFSCopilot, aig_kboi_boise_idaho_fsx_default from AVSIM, kmco2.0.

However, kmco2.0 hasn't really been a huge issue, just an airport addon by a great photoscenery artist.

But I also partially believe its my system even though I just got it over Christmas it runs close to 0 fps sometimes which is very strange, even if I'm not at a large airport... But here are my specs if you want them.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03786564-7%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1396682553700.876444892.199480143

And lastly thanks if you survived my dreadful few paragraphs, but is there a way to put an i5 into my proccesor, I sort of do wish to get a new one soon thanks AVSIM COMMUNITY YOU GUYS ROCK!

Have you tried uninstalling kmco to see what happens? Did you change any settings? Have you right-clicked on FSX in Uninstall and chosen repair? Be sure to have all the FSX discs available and some time, for that last one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nd lastly thanks if you survived my dreadful few paragraphs, but is there a way to put an i5 into my proccesor, I sort of do wish to get a new one soon thanks AVSIM COMMUNITY YOU GUYS ROCK!

Instead of uninstalling, you can just disable the scenery in your Scenery Library.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, there are many suggestions for troubleshooting your CTD.  One is disabling all of your addon scenery, disabling all of the modules in the dll.xml, rebuilding your fsx.cfg, etc.  You can find the CTD Guide under Hot Spots to the right of this forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Instead of uninstalling, you can just disable the scenery in your Scenery Library.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, there are many suggestions for troubleshooting your CTD.  One is disabling all of your addon scenery, disabling all of the modules in the dll.xml, rebuilding your fsx.cfg, etc.  You can find the CTD Guide under Hot Spots to the right of this forum.

Best regards,

Hmm maybe my scenery is set way to high also. Using an i3 isn't the best core either. I think of upgrading my computer all together because Airbus X using a large amount of resources and so does traffic. Which may also help my CTD, however that was useful but I don't think its the scenery as the moment. I'll try lowering my scenery and see if that will work. I also may move to p3d since it works fairly better on fps. Which may lower my crash issue maybe(?)

Hmm maybe my scenery is set way to high also. Using an i3 isn't the best core either. I think of upgrading my computer all together because Airbus X using a large amount of resources and so does traffic. Which may also help my CTD, however that was useful but I don't think its the scenery as the moment. I'll try lowering my scenery and see if that will work. I also may move to p3d since it works fairly better on fps. Which may lower my crash issue maybe(?)

Setting your scenery too high in the Scenery Library should not cause a CTD.  Perhaps you were mocking/teasing me because I provided so many possible solutions to your crash?  If you have your settings set too high for your computer system, you will have issues with both FSX and P3D.  Tweaks will cause problems in most cases too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10