Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

CIVA INS startup state

CIVA INS startup state.

I am using the ADEU card reader to enter all flight plan waypoints and VORs (for PI updating).

I have noticed that some lat/lon's are saved and some are not saved from the previous flight.

1. the POS is saved.
2. all 9 of the lat/lon from the previous ADC (VORs) are still present.
3. all 9 of the previous flight plan waypoints (ADE) are cleared (not saved).

Is this normal?
Is there a way to clear all the previous ADC (VOR) 1 thru 9 lat / lon's?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan

The POS saved from previous flight is correct. You will find it is the position you were at when you switched off the INS after your previous flight. This reflects how the real CIVA INS works. You will notice that if you start a new flight from a different location from where you last landed, you will get a warning on the INS unit telling you that the POS does not agree with the last known POS. You clear this by pressing the test button.

I notice too that the VOR lat/lons are saved. The CIVA INS is one of the most accurately modeled addons for FS9, so I assume this is how the real one works. If you wish to clear them you can by selecting each one in turn and press N (insert); W (insert). If you are going to load a freash ADEU card, there is no need to clear them as they will be overwritten.

Mine also has no navigation waypoints on startup so it looks like your INS is working as it should.

Peter Schluter

Peter,

Thanks for the follow up answers.

Now I know how to clear the unwanted Lat/Lons ("If you wish to clear them you can by selecting each one in turn and press N (insert); W (insert)") !

I ended up staying with a single INS installation.

But,  I added the NAV Mode selector so I could suspend INS NAV (for vectors etc) and then return to INS NAV whenever I need to.

I also added the INS Updating gauge so I would get a visual confirmation.

I did a KDTW-KJFK yesterday and all went great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtqkc0fm92ygxx0/TM-INS-options.JPG

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Excellent.

I use the CIVA INS on a few aircraft in FS9 as well as the TM737-200.... Dreamfleet 727; RFP 747-200; and SSTSIM Concorde.

The Concorde has three units !

Peter Schluter