Sign in to follow this  
jacrabit

Confirm in CDU!?

I try to save plan in the cdu,all I get is the message "Confirm"( PMDG FMC)any help appreciated thanks!

Please sign your name per these forum rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361815-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

I try to save plan in the cdu,all I get is the message "Confirm"( PMDG FMC)any help appreciated thanks!

What kind of plan are you trying to save in the FMC? Flight Plan, Panel State, or the flight itself.

...and the EXEC button will light up when you do that.  Press it like you would any other time the EXEC button lights up.  "Problem" solved.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank u for the input mate.but pressing the exe button even when lit up nothing happens.just sits there staring at me!!! :blush:

Thank u for the input mate.but pressing the exe button even when lit up nothing happens.just sits there staring at me!!!

No signature-no answer.

I had this problem too.

The problem arises because flightplans are stored within a sub-folder in the FSX main

install directory and FSX doesn't have administrator rights to write files in this

directory.  So when you try to save a file by clicking EXEC nothing happens because

PMDG737NGX doesn't have this right either.

Here's the solution:-

1.  Find your FSX main install directory.

2.  Right-click on FSX.exe

3.  Click on compatibility tab and check "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

4.  Repeat 4. if sub-windows appear.

5.  Restart FSX and Windows should ask whether FSX should be granted administrator access.  Click "YES."

Flightplans should now be saved when you click EXEC and appear under CO ROUTE in the FMC.

Hope that helps.

Ian