Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

ASN users some advice please

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask any ASN users who fly either the NXG or AXE how the aircraft behaves in the cruise.

I use Opus and at present because of small changes in wind direction or speed I find the Airbus engines constantly surging back and forth...not very realistic and I have mentioned this to the developer...but alas no reply.

I did try ASN some while back but I cannot remember if it effected the aircraft in this way....I like Opus for the cloud generation but would get ASN if I knew it did not suffer from the same problem as Opus....

I seem to be unluckily as all smoothing effects in Opus still does not stop this...so just wanted to know if ASN produces the same result.

Thank you 

I've not noticed any negative effects using ASN and the NGX. Seems to play well with ASN turbulance also. Wind/pressure transitions are very smooth.

I suggest trying their free 7-day trial. Transitions are smooth - engines will do a bit of back and forth on approach, which is normal. I didn't try with any of the aircraft you mentioned, though.

sig01.png

Thanks Rendi for the feedback!

Cheers

Thanks Max

Did try the trial some while ago but have forgotten the impact at cruise hence me asking.

Throttles surging lightly back and forth is normal in turbulence...The AT is going back and forth compensating for the few knots you're constantly gaining and losing. In fact this is addressed in 737 manuals; when you encounter turbulence it's recommended to turn off autothrottle and set the throttles at the given TURB N1 setting, found in the CRZ page in the FMC. Hope I interpreted your issue correctly. As far as wind changes and stuff go, ASN has been working pretty flawlessly for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike,

I think it is slightly different in the AB it is meant to pitch the nose up down to adjust I do think it is modelled in the Aerosoft AB very well as you say it uses the auto throttle.

Agree going through turbulence and I am fine with that it is just when I am in a steady cruise and the targeted wind is set in Opus FSX just wanders back and forth a few degrees here and there and this causes the engines to spool up and down by as much as 15/20% which just would not happen in RL......maybe I am asking too much of a WE but if ASN keeps it steady then that is the way to go.

As I said did ask the AB development team but they would not comment....so may be it is flaw in the software to be addressed.

Thanks

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial Active Sky Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.