Sign in to follow this  
chris1965

Second graphics card for instruments

I have a GTX760 for my virtual cockpit view but I would like to use a second card for two smaller monitors displaying instruments ONLY (no virtual cockpit). Just wondering if it also needs to be a DX11 compatable card in P3Dv2 as I have a spare Nvidia GT210 I could use. I realise this particular card is not DX11 compatable.

It should be possible if you are running in a window mode. I believe the os treats each screen as independent screen when it's in extended mode. So you should be able to detact a 2d screen and just drag it over to a monitor running on a different card.

Just buy a nvidia gt610 for 50usd . It is silent andmgoodthan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Why don't you buy an ipad or anroid tablet instead of graphics card and monitors? You can use them for other use as well. There are good apps for instrument panels (for both platforms).

Thanks for the advice guys!

Yes I will be running in windowed mode. I'd like to use the card for one small screen showing some instruments (from a payware aircraft) and also for this nice piece of hardware http://www.emuteq.com/GNS530.html for the GPS :-)

Yeah I did think of a GT610 but if the GT210 will do the job, I'll stick with that as it is also a silent card with no fan.

I would rather have a second card for the 2d stuff so it totally frees up my main card to do all the hard work!