Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

New Fuel Planning Spreadsheet & Video

Hello everyone.

I'm releasing a free fuel planning spreadsheet (Excel format).

I've made a link on my profile About Me page for the spreadsheet. You can click on this link and download the spreadsheet and use it for free.

I've also made a YouTube instructional video on how to use it. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfsieteDpA

I apologize in advance that the video is 30+ mins long. The spreadsheet is really a fairly simple and easy to use tool. I tend to get a little long winded when I am teaching a topic. Habits are hard to break!

The spreadsheet is designed primarily for newbies to the 737NGX and for those simmers who may not be able to afford one of the fee flight planners that calculates your trip fuel for you.

I am aware there are free and paid-for fuel planners but my version of a spreadsheet fuel planner meets 4 requirements that I set when I designed it:

1. Be as small as possible - no scrolling up and down or sideways.
2. Be as fast as possible to come up with the proper fuel load. I don't want to go through 12 pages of fuel planning every time.
3. Design an easy-to-use spreadsheet interface. When someone looks at a fuel planning spreadsheet for the first time, I don't want them to be overwhelmed or say how in the heck do I use this thing?
4. To provide to the sim community an accurate process to determine fuel loads.

I designed the spreadsheet to exactly follow the 12 pages on fuel planning found in the PMDG Tutorial #2, pages 35-42.

The spreadsheet is used with some of the fuel numbers generated by the FMC when you input your route of flight, so you will need to input your route first into the CDU. After you have run my spreadsheet, then you can fine tune the fuel numbers in the CDU. You're good to go!

Being a spreadsheet, you can save your specific flight under a file name that you will know is for a certain route and then open that spreadsheet file the next time you fly that route. You spreadsheet fuel changes will be very minimal.

Releasing this free fuel planning spreadsheet is my way of giving back to this great sim community!

Thank you...

I apologize in advance that the video is 30+ mins long. The spreadsheet is really a fairly simple and easy to use tool. I tend to get a little long winded when I am teaching a topic. Habits are hard to break!

Aren't they?  You're in good company, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Ralph, for your precious time and effort. Video was great, spread sheat is just what I have been looking for.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Cheers

Just an FYI to anyone using my fuel planning spreadsheet: I have updated it to version 1.0.0 from its Beta release.

It's been 14 days since I released it and no one using it has reported any problems or issues with it, so I am taking it out of beta status. It is now version 1.0.0. No changes made to it other than marking it as 1.0.0.

Thank you...