Sign in to follow this  
nerdydk

PMDG cockpit builders edition!

I am currently building a 737-800 home cockpit and pmdg has been my favorite simulator plane model to fly due to its amazing realistic flight capabilities but I am forced to change to ifly becasue it the pmdg is unable to connect with pro-sim or sim avionics, i dont know if it has been fixed but there are many cockpit builders out there and PMDG should consider in developing a cockpit builders edition software just like ifly. 

Is the other one just not as good dynamically as PMDG's?  Are the displays sup par?  If you ask me once you build your own 3D-VC there isn't really a need for PMDG greatness.  Am I wrong?  And please don't show us pics of your cockpit.  The envy meter will blow my brain :-)  

Not going to happened. Discussed here to death before.

Try prosim737.

Alternatively, if you want a great free avionics software, try Jeehell FMGS (Airbus) - http://fmgs.co.nr/

Its so good, I switched my 737 build to an Airbus A320. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Not sure if there is a difference dynamically with the pmdg or ifly but I support pmdg and it would be good if I could keep going with them, I have the 777, 747, 737 pmdgs and its just a great software to use but I guess I would have to use a different software like prosim, project magenta or ifly still havent made up my mind but the ifly seems the easiest to set up.

I have been pondering whether to built an airbus or boeing for a while but I chose the boeing due to their yoke system.

Hi,

Why don't you try OC4BA v2? Take a look here www.flightsim4fun.com

Soon there will be an update to the PMDG B737 SDK that will make the combination PMDG B737 - OC4BA v2 a complete home cockpit platform. 

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Not sure if there is a difference dynamically with the pmdg or ifly but I support pmdg and it would be good if I could keep going with them, I have the 777, 747, 737 pmdgs and its just a great software to use but I guess I would have to use a different software like prosim, project magenta or ifly still havent made up my mind but the ifly seems the easiest to set up.

I have been pondering whether to built an airbus or boeing for a while but I chose the boeing due to their yoke system.

I decided to switch because of the free airbus avionics suite (Jeehell) and the flybywire (no yoke) system. 

You need to be quite a technical engineer to setup a dual-link yoke system (you will need to build a undercarriage, not easy!). 

http://www.flaps2approach.com/project-gallery/construction-platform-two-2012/

Where did you buy your sidesticks from or do you know where to buy replica airbus side sticks except from fds? 

Because I looked int dual yokes and to get a linked system would be 5,000 USD and thats not cheap just wondering the price difference between the two.

Where did you buy your sidesticks from or do you know where to buy replica airbus side sticks except from fds? 

Because I looked int dual yokes and to get a linked system would be 5,000 USD and thats not cheap just wondering the price difference between the two.

http://www.flybycockpits.com/

I have an integrated sidestick and tiller on order. 

E-mail flybycockpits (Vitor) and tell him I referred you (Ben).