Sign in to follow this  
kuuulia

Autopilot nose pitches up when approaching

I have had this problem with every plane i have used, when i'm ils approaching with 180-200knts my nose pitches up a lot, but it wont stall or anything but it looks annoying. When im in GS mode the nose becomes normal again. Please help.

Which plane? Suppose it's the 737, what is your flaps setting? At 180 kts you should probably be at flaps 5. Otherwise the plane pitches up to stay level at a lower speed. When you capture the GS the nose will lower since the plane is descending.

Barry Friedman

If you are following a glideslope and the nose pitches up, either you are too low and the plane wants to climb, or you are going too slow, or you are using too much flaps for the speed you are going. For some planes that do not have autoland, this can be used to flare just before landing (not in real life). If not following a glideslope but on autopilot, it depends on the plane, but it could be related to your elevator trim.

Henri

Henri Arsenault