Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

the HDG Knob on the PMDG 777

just had a few easy  questions i hope that maybe someone could answer for me, i put the heading into the knob and click the HDG button hoping it will follow what i input but the aircraft wants to follow the LNAV route and i have to turn off auto pilot to fly to the heading ATC is giving me on vatsim. :unsure:

Also when i input my route on my FMC from simroutes.com the FMC doesn't calculate the decending path at all is it because i have to get my ARV runway information when i get closer?

just had a few easy  questions i hope that maybe someone could answer for me, i put the heading into the knob and click the HDG button hoping it will follow what i input but the aircraft wants to follow the LNAV route and i have to turn off auto pilot to fly to the heading ATC is giving me on vatsim. :unsure:

Also when i input my route on my FMC from simroutes.com the FMC doesn't calculate the decending path at all is it because i have to get my ARV runway information when i get closer?

You're clicking the HDG button?

What button is that? There isn't a HDG button.

Here's a HOLD button (Holds the current heading without turning)

And the middle of the heading select rotating knob is a SEL button, which switches on "Heading Select", and will turn the aircraft toward the magenta heading bug on the Nav screen as selected by the Heading Selector knob on the MCP.

You could guess at the most likely STAR and RWY based upon the current AWC METAR when you are say maybe 500 miles from your destination and enter that into the FMC. Your guess would be more accurate if you looked at the past 6 hours of METARS to see if there is a trend in wind direction. Check this link http://aviationweather.gov/metar. Also you could use RTE 2 for another likely STAR and RWY and activate RTE 2 if it is appropriate.

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.

Thanks pcubine that worked out checking the METAR and route 2, also I tried to do the signature but it says I cannot edit it until the 25th of April? Hm