Sign in to follow this  
James Bennett

Saitek throttle quadrant - NGX Flaps and Speedbrake?

Is it possible with the Saitek throttle quadrant and FSUIPC to set one of the levers to be a flaps deployment and another for spoiler deployment? Is there somewhere I can find a specific guide for this or can anyone who has done it explain to me please?

Thanks guys.

yes you can...i am setting mine up tonight after a clean install and will post screenies...unless someone else beats me to it

yes you can...i am setting mine up tonight after a clean install and will post screenies...unless someone else beats me to it

If you wouldn't mind I would really appreciate that. I don't get the hardware in the mail until later next week but i've been looking for guides to aquaint myself with the process before I get it.

Hi James,

wont make it tonight. Will get to it tomorrow.

Best regards,

Rene

Hi James,

wont make it tonight. Will get to it tomorrow.

Best regards,

Rene

On your own time, I am in no rush. Best of luck getting it set up :)

Hi James,

ok, never made videos before so this is a first for me :)

This is how I have my quadrants in set (same positiions as the real spoilers, throttle and flaps).

Black = Spoilers

Blue = Throttles

Red = Flaps

IMG_0992_zps105807af.jpg

There are two videos to setup the throttle quandrant:

1st video, assigning the FLAPS in FSUIPC:

2nd video, calibtrating the Spoilers & FLAPS in FSUIPC:

Please ensure to follow the exact steps from video two concerning the flaps, or the slightest movement of the quandrant will result in the flaps moving to lets say 30 in one shot instead of step by step.

Hope this helps...I have videos for assigning the TOGA to the T1 button of the quadrant and also the Gear Up and Gear Down to the T5 & T6 buttons of the quadrant if you would like to see them.

Best regards,

Rene

Hi James,

ok, never made videos before so this is a first for me :)

This is how I have my quadrants in set (same positiions as the real spoilers, throttle and flaps).

Black = Spoilers

Blue = Throttles

Red = Flaps

IMG_0992_zps105807af.jpg

There are two videos to setup the throttle quandrant:

1st video, assigning the FLAPS in FSUIPC:

2nd video, calibtrating the Spoilers & FLAPS in FSUIPC:

Please ensure to follow the exact steps from video two concerning the flaps, or the slightest movement of the quandrant will result in the flaps moving to lets say 30 in one shot instead of step by step.

Hope this helps...I have videos for assigning the TOGA to the T1 button of the quadrant and also the Gear Up and Gear Down to the T5 & T6 buttons of the quadrant if you would like to see them.

Best regards,

Rene

This is excellent! I couldn't have asked for better help. I'm on my phone right now so I'll watch them when I get home but they will be very useful. I should have the hardware by the end of this week I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers dude, owe you one.

I no longer have my throttle quadrant set up, i haven't felt the need to do so since installing FS2crew. However, I had mine set up without fsuipc sometime ago. The info is out they're, and easy to do as I remember.Google is your friend :-)

I have videos for assigning the TOGA to the T1 button of the quadrant and also the Gear Up and Gear Down to the T5 & T6 buttons of the quadrant if you would like to see them.

Hello Rene,

Very helpful these video's!

Sure I would like to see them please!

Also have a little problem with the T7 gear up and down assigning in Fsuipc, maybe you can tell me how to set up the best way?

Thanks in advance

Regads Robert

Hello Rene,

Very helpful these video's!

Sure I would like to see them please!

Also have a little problem with the T7 gear up and down assigning in Fsuipc, maybe you can tell me how to set up the best way?

Thanks in advance

Regads Robert

Hi Robert,

I now uploaded all videos I made for FSUIPC assignments/calibration.

Here is the one for the Gear Up and Gear Down:

Best regards,

Rene

Here is the one for the Gear Up and Gear Down:

Sorry I forgot to say that I use Saitek throttle quadrant lever in FSUIPC to set one the gear up and down!

I usa a LUA file for the 737NGX with Saitek throttle quadrant lever for gear down/ up/ up and off, works just great!

I use a setup for the T7 in Fsuipc but I am not completely satisfied with it and want to know if somebody has a good working setup for this?

Regards Robert