Sign in to follow this  
raziz

Huge Fps Problem Heeeelppp

when i fly my airplanes,i have a mojor drop in fps. i did the renaming of default to defaultold but its still laggy. ay other easy/effective solutions? please help.

when i fly my airplanes,i have a mojor drop in fps. i did the renaming of default to defaultold but its still laggy. ay other easy/effective solutions? please help.

You'll need to provide a lot more information before anyone will be able to give you any real advice.

What are your PC specs ? What addons (if any) are you using ? What are your sim settings ? What do you consider "low" FPS ?

It's hard for anyone to know what if any problems might exist without a lot more information, as there are so many variables that can affect performance. You might consider updating your profile with your PC specs at minimum, that'll make it a bit easier for others to help you troubleshoot, and when you do run into trouble, try to post a few more details about what/when/where/how so that we at least have an idea where to start.

Also, you should really have a look at the Basic FSX / P3D Configuration Guide (credit: Jim Young) for some tips to get you started.

Regards,

Brian Doney

well im not using any fps devouring addons, otherwise, i cant seem to find my pc specs. my sim settings are low.

Possibly the specs are on a label on the front of the computer.  If not, go to Control Panel/System and they should be listed there.  Some things that effect FPS are Lens Flare and Light Bloom, AI traffic, Vehicle Traffic, Aircraft Labels, Water Settings.  Try unchecking the boxes or lowering the sliders for these and see if it helps.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Assuming you are using Windows 7, to get PC specs, go to the Start button - Control Panel- System. There you will be able to see your CPU and RAM details. That will be a start.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor