Sign in to follow this  
mbscjohnp

Convert Flyable Helos Into Ai

MAIW has several AI Military Helicopters (AH64D Longbow, MH54, UH1 Huey) that I schedule with AI Flight Planner, as I do with other AI aircraft.  I have installed Heli Traffic, which apparently "converts" FSX installed helos into AI, but it does not allow "scheduling" of helo flights to depart and arrive at specific scheduled times.  I have flyable EH101's and AW109's installed that I would like to convert to AI, since there are none available that I can locate.  If MAIW is able to create Helicopters as AI, then there must be a method to modify the normal .cfg and .air files to use the mentioned military helos in FSX as AI and schedule them.  Can anyone please advise how to modify the .cfg and .air files of the FSX installed EH101 and my AW109 as AI?  John

AFAIK, no one has been able to duplicate the MRAI helos with simple cfg and air file edits.  I certainly would be interested if someone has done that.  The talk I heard was that it was more complicated than that (perhaps having something special in the MDL file?).

tgibson:  Thanks for your input.  I heard the same about the MDL file and forgot to add that to the post.  There are no static replicas of the EH101 or AW109, which is what I really need.

I am not concerned with frame rates, as I only program the AIs for one short flight, at midnight on Sunday, to a nearby airport and return, leaving them to sit the rest of the time, like statics, on the tarmac at the original airport, which is what I, for example, do with F16 squadrons and UH1 and AH64D at military airports. 

I just wonder then how "Heli Traffic" displays my installed helo flyables as AI, unless that proggy is doing something like that to these helos that FSX installed and I would like to do the same, but schedule their flight times.    John

I assume that program actually controls the helos manually, for their entire flight.