Sign in to follow this  
AimHawk

Supersampling wont work with prepar3d ati r9 280x

See here:

27ub.png

Mine is set to 4x, just adjust the samples slider to 8x if that's what you want. 8x might be a bit optimistic though, just sayin'.

As long as you have "Override application settings" selected, and the samples (i.e., 4x, 8x etc) match between P3D and RP, and the mode slider is set to Supersample, it should work.

Do I need to keep RP on when using P3D? or does it save automatically. 

Do I need to keep RP on when using P3D? or does it save automatically. 

RP should be launched manually before P3D launch, or set to start with windows.

You may only use it for P3D, but it's main purpose is to allow dynamic switching between profiles for any number of games, etc., so it does indeed need to be running in order to detect P3D launch, and then apply the correct profile.

Basically, it takes the profile you create, and forces it as the global profile in CCC, when it detects the launch of the profiled application. Once you quit the application, it restores your default global profile in CCC.

Regards,

Brian Doney

f9y9Ph7.pngPi9De0b.png

Sorry for the big pictures, Paint cropping sucks.

Anyways, I pretty much copied your settings and kept it running while starting P3D. I loaded the bonanza and when I zoom out to the farthest ( my preferred setting because of the way I sit ) and it seems to be using MSAA, but when i zoom in two clicks ( pressing + 2 times ), It uses Supersampling I think. The gauges become clearer and crisper. 

That's a pretty extreme zoom level, and though I understand it is what you prefer, that's low enough that it will severely distort the image. I'd be surprised if any amount of AA could fix it, to be honest.

Options:

1) You might experiment with a zoom level that maintains gauge clarity, while also moving the actual eye point back to achieve a view closer to what you are looking for.

2) If you always use a low zoom like this, for any aircraft you fly, you might try setting COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 to COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0 in your Prepar3D.cfg, found under the [GRAPHICS] section. This switch simply lowers the resolution the gauges are rendered at, which in this case is a good thing, since they are compressed into such a small space. In my experience, only the Airbus X from Aerosoft is incompatible with this option, which may not matter to you, if you don't use that product, but just fyi.

3) The only other option would be to manually reduce the pixel_size of the VC gauges themselves. This is effectively the same as option 2, but will only affect the edited aircraft.

If you feel like experimenting with this, open the panel.cfg file for this aircraft (after backing it up, of course), and look for the line:

pixel_size=

in any of the [VCockpitXX] sections. I suppose you might try to locate just the main panel section if possible, but if you cannot determine which section that is, you might reduce section each by half, so for example, if an entry reads pixel_size=1024,1024, try instead pixel_size=512,512.

I can assure you though, that the AA mode itself is not changing. You are just asking for too many pixels to be rendered in too small of a space for the image to turn out properly. The "MipMap VC Panels" option might help here too, but that's not an option I have enough experience testing to say one way or the other.

Regards,

Brian Doney

That's a pretty extreme zoom level, and though I understand it is what you prefer, that's low enough that it will severely distort the image. I'd be surprised if any amount of AA could fix it, to be honest.

Options:

1) You might experiment with a zoom level that maintains gauge clarity, while also moving the actual eye point back to achieve a view closer to what you are looking for.

2) If you always use a low zoom like this, for any aircraft you fly, you might try setting COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 to COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0 in your Prepar3D.cfg, found under the [GRAPHICS] section. This switch simply lowers the resolution the gauges are rendered at, which in this case is a good thing, since they are compressed into such a small space.

3) The only other option would be to manually reduce the pixel_size of the VC gauges themselves, as at that zoom, they are being crammed into such a small display area that the default pixel_size is probably hurting more than helping. 

If you feel like experimenting with this, open the panel.cfg file for this aircraft (after backing it up, of course), and look for the line:

pixel_size=

in any of the [VCockpitXX] sections. I suppose you might try to locate just the main panel section if possible, but if you cannot determine which section that is, you might reduce section each by half, so for example, if an entry reads pixel_size=1024,1024, try instead pixel_size=512,512.

I can assure you though, that the AA mode itself is not changing.

Im okay with a more zoomed in experience if it will get ride of the jaggies. Ill keep experimenting around with RP and the ingame settings.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

No problem.

I did add a few edits after posting, that you might not have seen. Notably, try checking the MipMap VC Panels option in P3D to see if that helps at all. I am not certain it will have any effect and as said, I don't really have any experience with it, but it is worth checking into.

I think I've pretty much covered your options though. Maybe someone else might have another idea.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hey guys,

I only have a 5870 card at the moment, is there a general rule or guide for ATI Cards in p3d, Haven't found anything for ATI cards , loads for nvidia.

Cheers

Riche