Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Question to FTX Global users

Gents,

After installing FTX Global into PSD 2.2 (clean, no tweaks) I noticed that in parts of many default airports (KSEA, KJFK, KLAX, KSFO, etc. etc.) I get this ground texture I can only best describe as white and "sandy" looking.  The only other scenery related addon I have is REX4 Direct.  But I have already confirmed through my own testing that this texture is not related to REX4.  Can anyone confirm the same?  Here are some shots to show what I'm talking about...

white2.pngwhite.pngwhite3.png

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

It's a parking lot. A very low res parking lot. 

It's a parking lot. A very low res parking lot. 

If that's the case the placement (or landclass) is horrible then.  So far I can't think of a fix other than trying to install custom AFCAD files...

Jason

You can see the parking space lines in the first picture. 

Placement should be controlled by the AFCAD. What was showing there before Global?

I checked the default AFCAD files.  These areas are blank spaces, meaning they are not defined to be anything (apron, taxiway, asphalt, concrete, etc.).  In most cases these blank areas are filed with grass texture.  I don't believe they were there before FTX Global.  Do you see the same in your setup?

Jason

I haven't noticed it but I have read about others having that issue. Personally, I love FTXG but there are a LOT of anomalies like that, black water, airport elevations that can't be fixed with the tool, grass on runways, etc. Hopefully all those will be cleared up as we move along.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hopefully all those will be cleared up as we move along

Let's all hope that.  P3Dv2 is awesome.  There shouldn't be any doubt left in anyone's mind that it is the sim of the future.  However as quickly as developers are adapting to the new platform, it will take time for 100% native and compatible addons to catch up. 

Jason