Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Skytrain - a revelation!

Never liked the C-47, or Dakota as its known over here. Old slow and antiquated, I associate it with the pleasure flights it used to offer at RAF Finningley airshow back in the early 80's. But as I've been updating my default aircraft with nice liveries and textures, updating some of the cockpits and sounds, i came across Manfred Jahn's Skytrain. I like this. I've just installe d two large speakers for FSX from an old music system with plenty of bass, and tat Skytrain thunders through the air, it sounds fantastic (I am using a purchased sound add on, though, with engines not quite in sync that splutter and cough).

It looks nice and handles nice too, I've got the Buffalo repaint for flying in North America and an old Brazilian airways livery for flying around the Caribbean, my favourite haunt. I'll bet there are a few still hauling cargo in those parts still today.

Anyway, I love twins, like the BN-2 and DH6, it looks like I've just found a new 'old' one!

I've been over to DC-3 Airways website to have a look around, very interesting ... But still not confident about my commitment to online flying yet.

Some wonderful guy posted up textures for the DC-3 appearing in the 1950s classic, The Thing, set in the Antarctic. Since I love those movies and have Aerosoft's Antarctica, how could I pass up this free, silver-skinned ski-equipped version of the plane?

Is the virtual vintage panel available yet?  I'm waiting for that to be completed then this baby is mine.  Wonderful airplane, both RW and sim