Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

737 problem

Hi,

I have some weird problem while using PMDG 737. While in a flight, some buzz sound starts to repeat out of nowhere and I can't find what causes that. There is no message on FMC or any alert on display. It just keeps repeating whole flight and starts after take off while the plane reached the flying altitude. Can someone help me find it? Thanks.

Um, PMDG support forum(s) are down the page a bit...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "PMDG 737NGX". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Could it be cabin pressure?

Yes actually it was, I just found out from FMC so what should I do or what I am missing?

Yes actually it was, I just found out from FMC so what should I do or what I am missing?

This is typically caused by forgetting to turn the air conditioning packs on. You also want to make sure you dial in your cruise altitude in the pressurization system on the overhead panel. Both of these are on the right hand side of the overhead.

When you turn the packs on the pressure inside the plane will start to increase and the noise will eventually stop. Wear your virtual oxygen mask until then B)

Interestingly, this is one emergency condition in the 737NG that doesn't have an actual flashing light to tell you the problem...if the pressure in the cabin gets to low the airplane sounds an alarm that is similar to the 'takeoff configuration' alarm, which is probably what you are hearing.

I believe that Boeing has added a light to the panel in addition to the horn since the Helios crash that was caused by a pressurization error.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

I have also another question while we are talking about 737. When I am taking off, sometimes even there is no wind and I aligned with the runway, it can go a bit to right side, maybe its a joystick problem?

I have had hardware problems like that...cant think of any other reason.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Controller problems can cause 2 things.

1: A little 'flutter' of axis's (like a millisecond of "turn left" aeleron/rudder or "pull up/down" elevator) caused by a little erronious data from the control stick/yoke/pedals.

2: Engine thrust not completely even on the spoolup (this can also be a 'feature' of the real plane)

How to deal with it:
Use your rudder to correct back to centreline before you get a wheel on the grass.

Same idea when driving a car.

The car can pull to the right/left without your direct input due to various factors.

1: The road is sloped to one side or another

2: Wind

3: tyre pressure differences between left and right sides.

4: Steering system having some 'play' due to various issues like power steering fluid, loose bolts etc.

The fix is: Turn the steering wheel so that it travels straight (Preferably before you cross lanes or run off the road).