Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Windows 8

Hey guys, 

So i was thinking of Upgrading to Windows 8. At the beginning of 2013 i thought about switching to windows 8, but back then i actually sore alot of people saying that FSX crashes with Win 8, 1 year and a half on, im interested once again to see if i should switch?

So does windows 8 run perfectly fine with FSX? And other addons like PMDG ect. 

Also i have P3D, does windows 8 work with P3D

Im interested in your Opinions :) 

Jack

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "WIN8 OS Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jack - I bought a new computer in December and had it shipped with Windows 8 as it seemed silly to buy a new computer with an old OS....even though most were saying stick with Windows 7 for FSX.  I updated to Windows 8.1 and I did need to download and install the 'UiAutomationCore.dll' fix that was causing some CTD's in the beginnning (Google this and you will find what needs to be done....very easy) Once I did that, it has been flawless and I have not had any issues at all.  I mostly use PMDG 737 NGX, Majestic Q400 and a the A2A C172. I also use Saitek TQ, Rudder pedals and Cessna yoke. I run ASN, REX 4, UT2, FTX Global and UTX-USA. 

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi

I have FSX under Win8.1 64 bit.  The main problem I have found (no one can suggest a solution yet) is that the 2D panel views do not work e.g. 'Panel+2' should give the GPS and it does not.  Similarly for all the other panels.  This is a major problem for navigation and ILS .  I also had to stop using overclocking because of a serious effect.

Ray

Hi again - meant to ask Eric if he has the panel problem I have. 

Ray

Jack....

I purchased my new computer in Jan 2013, with WIN 8.  The only problem I had was the CH yoke and pedals would disconnect every once in a while.  Once I configured them with FSUIPC, I haven't had the problem since.  I also had to put the UiAutomationCore.dll file in the FSX directory or FSX would crash as soon as I would access the toolbar menus.

I fly with a lot of payware aircraft including the PMDG 737.  I haven't had any issues with panel problems on any aircraft.  I would also run other programs, at the same time, such as Active Sky Next, TrackIR, FSINN, Flight Sim Commander, Plan-G, and would be on the internet, with no issues. 

I now network another computer with Active sky Next, FSC, Plan-G, and accessing the internet.  So now, the only programs I use on the main computer with FSX is TrackIR. 

Rod

Rod Beck