Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

HUD Horizon Line

Hi Everyone.

Once upon a time my HUD showed the horizon line on the horizon as I looked through it, now it is several degrees above the horizon and not sure what I have done to change it or how to get it back reading correctly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I think it's cause the Earth is round. The horizon line shows the actual 0 degree line, but the horizon itself follows the curvature of the Earth, so you'll see it below that HUD horizon line.

Cristi Neagu

Thanks for,the reply Cristi, am am not really convinced about that. My HUD was showing the horizon correctly before and is show inning way above the horizon line when on the runway.

Can anybody else offer a reason/fix?

Cheers

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

The higher you are the more the apparent horizon offset. If you fly an approach you should find your HUD horizon line is very near the visual horizon.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The HUD horizon is way above the horizon even on the ground.

Regards

Barra

The HUD horizon is way above the horizon even on the ground.

Your external view might have got tilted in some way. The HUD could be showing the correct horizon.

Is wideaspect true in FSX.cfg? A screenshot would be helpful.

ki9cAAb.jpg