Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Problem with strange ATIS report

I was checking with ATIS before departure for the weather and active runways at KBUF today and it reported a long number of runways for landing and departing from KBUF that don't exist!! The announcement went something like this, "...landing and departing, visual runway 24, visual runway 22, visual runway 20, visual runway 18..." Has anyone had this happen before? I found that I have the same problem at KLGA. Could this be do to duplicate AFCAD files or a corrupt file somewhere?Thanks for any help!Airbus

Guest ssurjap

Are you saying they don't exist in Real Life or in the SIM?The sim sometimes has runways that have been replaced or taken out in real life.

You have downloaded AFCAD's that the designer has paralleled all the stock FS9 default runways. Many AFCAD designers have read my post over on the PAI site on how to activate all the runways at an airport using my crosswind runway technique. What you are hearing using ATIS does not cause any problems and at the present time I have not found a solution in the coding to stop the announcements of those runways that don't exsist.