Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

Problems at Meigs...

OK, I do know that in real life, Meigs runways have been bulldozed, but until recently, I would happily take my quick VFR flights out of Meigs with no problems.Until I suddenly developed a "flashing white texture" problem...As I taxi along the runway, in three places, a big white texture appears on the ground that can be seen from inside and outside the aircraft, but disappears again if I change the zoom factor (see attached screen shots). Has anyone had a similar problem?I've changed / re-installed video drivers, deleted the FS9.cfg file, de-activated any recent add-on scenery, changed the date, to no avail. So far, this only happens at Meigs, not at other airports.. Help!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108114.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108115.jpg

Bert

Guest lemonadedrinker

This is a contractor dropping concrete behind you to make sure no-one else can go there.

:-) Had not thought of that possibility... any other theories other than UFO's ?

Bert

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, Bert --Sometimes I get something a bit similar when down too near the ground in spot view--the sim can't seem to make up it's mind what the texture should be, but if I zoom back or shift my view point up a bit it sorts itself out. For instance, that white texture is like the water edge texture by the wing edge of the plane and at Meigs the runway goes right to the water edge so maybe underlying the runway is just that beach type texture and the sim just can't decide when you're too close to it. Maybe.

That sounds very much like what I am observing... the white texture is the same as the one at the end of the runway.I'm scratching my head as to why this phenomenon is suddingly appearing, apparently out of nowhere. It is totally reproducible, but luckily only in this one spot.. Time to fly some more along the West coast!

Bert

Guest lemonadedrinker

Take a bigger plane, Bert, you'll be forever in the Cessna!

I mainly use the Marchetti for sightseeing and the Meridian and C441 for cross country... the Cessna was more for problem determination purposes...For what it is worth, the problem has gone away.. Hmmm...

Bert

For we pilots who love flying, forever in a Cessna sounds like heaven to me. :-hah----------------------------------------------------------------John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private 130+ hrs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, John, you're quite right!! I'm on the GAAR in a DC-3 which can't be too much quicker than the Cessna anyway!