Sign in to follow this  
Foghorn

Aircraft swaying and blowing tyres

A fantastic aircraft and very impressed with it, but a few issues perhaps someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

For some reason, every now and again, the aircraft sways from left to right. Enough to the point where is it unable to capture the localiser, and if already captured, then disconnects.

It is also associated with a rattling noise, presumably, the elevators.

I thought it may have been my weather program, Opus, but I've disabled it and the problem still occurs.

The other issue is my aircraft appears to destroy it's tyres. Start up a new flight, view the aircraft in spot view and some of the wheels are on their rims only, while others have their tyres hanging off them.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

About the tyres.....For the first time ever I saw this on a flight yesterday. Never seen that happen before. Not sure what its about.

The prop animation also got stuck in what seemed to be very slow RPM. The aircraft responded ok but the prop animation was 'stuck'

Must load the Q400 up again and see if the issue(s) are still present.

Hi Foghorn,

My understanding is that the blown tires are to be a feature of the Pro version. It does occasionally happen on loading a new flight. I have also had the blown tires happen on landing. 8o(.  As for the plane swaying on landing, sounds to me like you have entered a stall condition and the rattling is/could be the stick shaker going off. Some of the features of the Pro version have snuck into the last couple of updates, probably for testing by the beta team.(guessing here) I have had a 'flap drive' failure as well as a 'elevator' caution light pop up, on a couple of occasions. It has made flying the Q400 a little more intense, and even more fun to fly. Majestic are aware of these issues. Just take it as a free chance to try out some of the Pro features. ;o)

Regards, Jazz.

Did a re-install and the tyre issue is fixed.

In my haste to try the Q400 the first time I may have been a bit rough landing and damaged the tires. As it appears this may be a future feature of the Pro version I'm assuming I've destroyed my tires, but with the Pro version not yet available, they can't be repaired by maintenance. Anyway, re-installing fixed that.

The swaying seems to have eased with the re-install, but may have also been my weather program, OPUS, but I've been doing some tweaking.

All up, I'm of the opinion the issues were mine, not the software and after some study it's fast become a favourite aircraft in my hangar.

Thank you Glenn and Jazz for your inputs.