Sign in to follow this  
Tushka

Clouds appearing on ground level (help)

Hello,

While I was making tests after new anti aliasing settings (nothing related to clouds) at Madrid Barajas I did notice static clouds right on ground level during taxi, which was rather funny just taxiing trough the clouds on the ground when you're actually supposed to pass them at 4000-10000 feet.

Usually does not happen, but it's not the first time in Madrid. The airport elevation is 610 metres.

Weather program generated in question is AS6.5 if that's of any information. Does not bother me that much but still curious.

P.S, Take off was amazing, passed around 10 cloud layers during  :lol:

8ba2613a731507aecbd4bf2e6c5074dd.png9e9234e0745a0a05f3b7e64b284e2379.png

Hi,

What was the lowest cloud layer altitude reported in AS?

According to it's metar 7800 feet although FS9 reported 1279 feet base...

I've lived in Madrid and never ever clouds were at street level so it might be a bug on FS9's side.

Weather program generated in question is AS6.5

I have seen that quite a few time in places all over the virtual world with AS6.5, usually associated with fog, rain or thunderstorms in the area (but not always). Sorry but I can't explain it so I guess that isn't much help except to know you aren't alone!

Regards,

I have seen that quite a few time in places all over the virtual world with AS6.5, usually associated with fog, rain or thunderstorms in the area (but not always). Sorry but I can't explain it so I guess that isn't much help except to know you aren't alone!

Regards,

Indeed, it was overcast, and quite a lot of thunderstorms. Somehow it was causing a few graphical bugs as well with clouds passing each other.

I guess we'll have to live with it as it doesn't happen often instead of upgrading.

Watch for the CBVC code in the METAR. I can't remember if AS6.5 has the option to Ignore that code or not. Later versions do. 

Watch for the CBVC code in the METAR. I can't remember if AS6.5 has the option to Ignore that code or not. Later versions do. 

Tried to do a google search for it, but nothing came up. Do you know where to find it?

Upgrade to ASE, this is the first weather engine for me which works perfectly!