Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Changes in XML.Document

How do I make changes in XML.Document?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The usual method is to open the XML document with Ms Notepad, make your changes, then simply save it.Right click the XML and at the 'open with' select notepad.

Regards,

You can use Notepad or Notepad++ - it's simply a text document.

I opened the XML document with Ms Notepad, made changes, then  saved it. I cliked XML and clicked  the "Open" to see the document. IT was blank.

If I right click the XML and at the 'open with' select it, I can see my changes on notepad , but not in OPEN.page.

I am missing some thing :huh:

I am missing some thing

That may depend on a few things. The first thing, when you click on 'Open' what does you operating system open it with? Related to that, what operating system are you running? On my system (Windows XP) the OS defaults to opening a XML with Internet Explorer but the file cannot be edited from there. With the 'Open With' drop down menu I get a few unusable options along with notepad. I never really open a XML file any other way. I would think that as long as you open it with notepad, make changes, then save it and close it and your changes are there when you reopen it everything should be good. Although I can't explain why you would see a blank file when you open it by some other method. The important issue is does your changed XML file work properly once you put the file to use? Can you tell for sure that your changes have been put to use? If the answer is yes then don't worry.

Regards,

Mel,

Thanks for your help. I have window 7. I don't know much about  XML file. 

When I OPEN the XML file is always in special format with colored lines and located in first OPEN screen.

I will make a test flight tonight  and will inform

There is no point in  OPENing an FSX .xml file.  All it does in open it  in IE or Firefox and  there's nothing useful you can do with it.

You were advised what to do - use Notepad or an other text editor and simply do it.