Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonkey

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B is out...

Guest deKoven

>Snip, snip ...>but lets be honest here the>gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite>the very comprehensive readme in this instance.>>>BrucebYep, it certainly is. And some of the freeware coming in is MUCH better than some of what I've paid good money for lately. Several pay pkgs I've recently bought have nowhere NEAR the quality of this release. (And I ain't smiling one bit...)

>Thank you for your kind words. We hope this 2 and over years>of wait were worthy enough to fulfull your expectancies. >>About the King... well we hope do not spend other 2 years to>release it. Personally, I think it will be released during>this year if everything goes fine and timely.>>Kindest Regards,kind words are fully deserved,this is one awesome plane guys.i love it ;)tataJP.

Guest dirk1000

To Veneaviones Team,Turbocommander is one of the longest awaited planes in my hangar.Happens I am a real life Turbocommander (690A) pilot, (the reason of my obsession).Yesterday lastly I found yours masterpiece.Really you did a great job. It is easy to find the dedication, effort and passion all of the people of the Team putted in this project. And I think, all of you get your goal; build a high level standard simm aircraft.Congratulations to all people at VENEAVIONES!Thanks for the gift.Viva Venezuela!!!Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest rleiro

Thanks indeed for your comments. Really appreciate them.About the repaints: they're going to be progressively uploaded to AVSIM. The paintkit will be given during the following days since it is not ready for its uploading yet.Some repaints will be uploaded today. Hope you like them.Regards,

Guest dirk1000

Hi Robert,Very pleased with the flight characteristics of the Turbocommander.But now my question: are the engines modeled as a free wheel (N1 and N2) turboprop or as Garrett is (single axe) engine?I ask this coz the behavior of the engine parameters indicators. Percent RPM indicator goes up and down with the power levers (from 70% to 100%). Conditions levers don

Guest dirk1000

EDIT:Apologize.Sent twice.Dirk Trotteyn(SANT)

Alcott and Jimmi...Glad to see both of you rising to the defense of this project. I agree--this is a payware quality project and I was shocked after I installed it, seeing what Veneaviones had put together.If someone asked me about a freeware/payware fast twin, I'd give this great new aircraft as much attention as I would Flight1's 421 or Conquest--both of which I have. Since payware lately has been my one vice, I'd still buy Flight1's work. But I would have paid for this work too.This project also shows something else--why we shouldn't ask "are we there yet" and push developers to release something before they're ready. This aircraft was well worth the wait, and I consider it an instant classic.And it's flying in the background now :)-John

Guest rleiro

Hi Dirk:The engines are modelled as PT-6. Unfortunately Flight Simulator does not simulate Garrett Engines. This was an issue that also contributed to delay the release in order to find a suitable choice to simulate, but it was not possible.Thank you for your concern, we hope next versions of Flight Simulator would enable to depict these nice engines as it should be.Regards,

Guest rleiro

Hi Joe:Understand your concern and this is a quite sensitive topic in Flight Simulation Community. Be sure I also miss the days when just "no charge money" policies were more than enough to protect our work. Unfortunately after some very unfortunate Copyright violations and sad examples seen here along the years (I will not mention cases, but all of you know very well what I'm saying) forced us to impose these policies.If you really like the airplane, I'm quite sure you'll fly it regardless if you are a VA member or not. Veneaviones is not against Virtual Airlines, but our philosophy is that if sims are "as close as it gets" in reality, repaints should comply with that too. About "AVSIM only" is just because we want to carry on our statistics on how many models were downloaded, as well as to have control on our repaints so we will be sure they comply with the policies defined by us.I hope this will help you to understand the reasons of our policies and conditions.Kindest Regards from Venezuela,

OMG Joe, I just went thru the repaint policy, now that is ridiculus!! Guess not many VAs will be using it as the only VAs that would tend to use the Commander are more the GA type and they tend to not use real world schemes like the commercial ones do.Thanks for pointing that out Joe before myself and the other VAs that I share a forum with started on the repaints. (off to inform the others....)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest dirk1000

Hi Roberto,I supposed this was a FS9 limitation. At the present, I flew the AC9T for about 7:30 hs. in all possible configurations and I follow discovering the great similitude whit the real one. The airplane handling and the flight behavior are really impressive, so close the plane I fly (LV-LTY Ser. No: 11290) that can

Guest panda234

Just downloaded it a took my first flight. This is definite payware quality, better than some I've paid for... Thx guys!!billg

Ok Obviously I'm the only person marching out of step here - my comments being provoked by the preview of the new payware Baron. Look don't get me wrong, this is a quality freeware product and I am very grateful for the efforts of the developers and it is certainly equivalent to what we were getting out of payware providers a couple of years . However, with recent offerings the bar has been raised so high that you can't expect to get an a similar product for free these days.But perhaps someone could provide guidance on elevator trim settings for takeoff. Found the trim gauge on the 2D panel.Couple of other things. This plane suffers from the bouncing aeroplane syndrome when switching views at certain airports (eg KSEA, PSS planes do the same thing) and when you change 2D panels you get 2 panels overlapping each other - see attachment. Also, like a poster in a more recent thread I find gauge update in VC mode sluggish.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Sorry forgot the attachment. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."