Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonkey

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B is out...

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Check "What's New" in the file library. Looks like a nice new freeware offering... :)

Guest danowat

Yeah, I downloaded it and tried it, pretty bloody good if you ask me, real nice 2D and VC, FDE seems sweet too, sounds are a break from the "norm", but in a good way :), and that model is really well done, totally payware quality.Dan.

Thanks for the Heads Up, off to grab it now. :-)Here is the Link, as it gets scrolled down after a while.Winglet Versionhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=62611Non-Winglet versionhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=62609Their Website can be viewed here for other work they have done.www.avsim.com/veneavionesAnd thanks to their team for creating a nice FREEWARE Aircraft for our use:Model: Juan Miguel Ram

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>Yeah, I downloaded it and tried it, pretty bloody good if you>ask me, real nice 2D and VC, FDE seems sweet too, sounds are a>break from the "norm", but in a good way :), and that model is>really well done, totally payware quality.>>Dan.agree :)both are a brilliant piece of work,they are nice handflyers,just like Milton & team theiraerocommanders.and they look bloody great,both inside and out.i think i'll fly it often.good job veneaviones ;)and thanks much for giving it for free.tataJP.

It's very, very, nice. A fitting companion to Milton Shupe's Commander series.Thanks to Veneaviones for a great job.

I Posted some screenshots here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=189572&page=Very Nice Bird, flies well, and looks good too.Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest rleiro

Thank you for your kind words. We hope this 2 and over years of wait were worthy enough to fulfull your expectancies. About the King... well we hope do not spend other 2 years to release it. Personally, I think it will be released during this year if everything goes fine and timely.Kindest Regards,

Guest Mike_Luchia

This looks great, just downloaded it and will give it a try in the morning. Are we supposed to be able to like to the repaints off the page at www.avsim.com/veneaviones I can mouse over the repaint reg number and see the paint, but can't seem to get a link (if it exists) to the repaint.Mike

I'm really enjoying it--been waiting awhile for this release and have visited fsnordic.net often watching as the project has grown.It exceeds expectations, and what a great hand flyer!-John

GREAT Commander Veneaviones!:D Flew it around tonight and had no problems with any of it. I love the sound. I used to work at an airport that had the 690 Commanders, and you always new the unique sound of the engines. This will definately be getting many hours of use. Looking forward to the repaints!Thank you again for giving such a wonderful gift to the Flight Sim community! :DKevin

What trim tab settings should be used for takeoff - the readme just says "Set for takeoff"? At neutral this bird leaps into the air and adopts a very nose high attitude. Took me ages to find where the trim tabs were in the VC, still haven't found them on the 2D panel. Seems to handle very nicely once you sort out the trim, but lets be honest here the gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite the very comprehensive readme in this instance.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest allcott

>What trim tab settings should be used for takeoff - the>readme just says "Set for takeoff"? At neutral this bird>leaps into the air and adopts a very nose high attitude. Took>me ages to find where the trim tabs were in the VC, still>haven't found them on the 2D panel. Seems to handle very>nicely once you sort out the trim, but lets be honest here the>gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite>the very comprehensive readme in this instance.>>>BrucebHuh!? It's far superior to the recent payware offering. Allcott

One group spend 2 years creating an aircraft and give their work to you for free. Another group spend the same amount of time (or less?) and release their plane as payware. What has this got to do with quality? It's just the method of distribution. If a team of talented developers get together and spend countless hours working on an addon it will be good, no matter if it's freeware or payware.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP