Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonkey

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B is out...

Check "What's New" in the file library. Looks like a nice new freeware offering... :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, I downloaded it and tried it, pretty bloody good if you ask me, real nice 2D and VC, FDE seems sweet too, sounds are a break from the "norm", but in a good way :), and that model is really well done, totally payware quality.Dan.

Thanks for the Heads Up, off to grab it now. :-)Here is the Link, as it gets scrolled down after a while.Winglet Versionhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=62611Non-Winglet versionhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=62609Their Website can be viewed here for other work they have done.www.avsim.com/veneavionesAnd thanks to their team for creating a nice FREEWARE Aircraft for our use:Model: Juan Miguel Ram

>Yeah, I downloaded it and tried it, pretty bloody good if you>ask me, real nice 2D and VC, FDE seems sweet too, sounds are a>break from the "norm", but in a good way :), and that model is>really well done, totally payware quality.>>Dan.agree :)both are a brilliant piece of work,they are nice handflyers,just like Milton & team theiraerocommanders.and they look bloody great,both inside and out.i think i'll fly it often.good job veneaviones ;)and thanks much for giving it for free.tataJP.

It's very, very, nice. A fitting companion to Milton Shupe's Commander series.Thanks to Veneaviones for a great job.

I Posted some screenshots here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=189572&page=Very Nice Bird, flies well, and looks good too.Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

Thank you for your kind words. We hope this 2 and over years of wait were worthy enough to fulfull your expectancies. About the King... well we hope do not spend other 2 years to release it. Personally, I think it will be released during this year if everything goes fine and timely.Kindest Regards,

This looks great, just downloaded it and will give it a try in the morning. Are we supposed to be able to like to the repaints off the page at www.avsim.com/veneaviones I can mouse over the repaint reg number and see the paint, but can't seem to get a link (if it exists) to the repaint.Mike

I'm really enjoying it--been waiting awhile for this release and have visited fsnordic.net often watching as the project has grown.It exceeds expectations, and what a great hand flyer!-John

GREAT Commander Veneaviones!:D Flew it around tonight and had no problems with any of it. I love the sound. I used to work at an airport that had the 690 Commanders, and you always new the unique sound of the engines. This will definately be getting many hours of use. Looking forward to the repaints!Thank you again for giving such a wonderful gift to the Flight Sim community! :DKevin

What trim tab settings should be used for takeoff - the readme just says "Set for takeoff"? At neutral this bird leaps into the air and adopts a very nose high attitude. Took me ages to find where the trim tabs were in the VC, still haven't found them on the 2D panel. Seems to handle very nicely once you sort out the trim, but lets be honest here the gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite the very comprehensive readme in this instance.Bruceb

>What trim tab settings should be used for takeoff - the>readme just says "Set for takeoff"? At neutral this bird>leaps into the air and adopts a very nose high attitude. Took>me ages to find where the trim tabs were in the VC, still>haven't found them on the 2D panel. Seems to handle very>nicely once you sort out the trim, but lets be honest here the>gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite>the very comprehensive readme in this instance.>>>BrucebHuh!? It's far superior to the recent payware offering. Allcott

One group spend 2 years creating an aircraft and give their work to you for free. Another group spend the same amount of time (or less?) and release their plane as payware. What has this got to do with quality? It's just the method of distribution. If a team of talented developers get together and spend countless hours working on an addon it will be good, no matter if it's freeware or payware.

>Snip, snip ...>but lets be honest here the>gulf between freeware and payware is becoming a chasm despite>the very comprehensive readme in this instance.>>>BrucebYep, it certainly is. And some of the freeware coming in is MUCH better than some of what I've paid good money for lately. Several pay pkgs I've recently bought have nowhere NEAR the quality of this release. (And I ain't smiling one bit...)

>Thank you for your kind words. We hope this 2 and over years>of wait were worthy enough to fulfull your expectancies. >>About the King... well we hope do not spend other 2 years to>release it. Personally, I think it will be released during>this year if everything goes fine and timely.>>Kindest Regards,kind words are fully deserved,this is one awesome plane guys.i love it ;)tataJP.

To Veneaviones Team,Turbocommander is one of the longest awaited planes in my hangar.Happens I am a real life Turbocommander (690A) pilot, (the reason of my obsession).Yesterday lastly I found yours masterpiece.Really you did a great job. It is easy to find the dedication, effort and passion all of the people of the Team putted in this project. And I think, all of you get your goal; build a high level standard simm aircraft.Congratulations to all people at VENEAVIONES!Thanks for the gift.Viva Venezuela!!!Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Thanks indeed for your comments. Really appreciate them.About the repaints: they're going to be progressively uploaded to AVSIM. The paintkit will be given during the following days since it is not ready for its uploading yet.Some repaints will be uploaded today. Hope you like them.Regards,

Hi Robert,Very pleased with the flight characteristics of the Turbocommander.But now my question: are the engines modeled as a free wheel (N1 and N2) turboprop or as Garrett is (single axe) engine?I ask this coz the behavior of the engine parameters indicators. Percent RPM indicator goes up and down with the power levers (from 70% to 100%). Conditions levers don

EDIT:Apologize.Sent twice.Dirk Trotteyn(SANT)

Alcott and Jimmi...Glad to see both of you rising to the defense of this project. I agree--this is a payware quality project and I was shocked after I installed it, seeing what Veneaviones had put together.If someone asked me about a freeware/payware fast twin, I'd give this great new aircraft as much attention as I would Flight1's 421 or Conquest--both of which I have. Since payware lately has been my one vice, I'd still buy Flight1's work. But I would have paid for this work too.This project also shows something else--why we shouldn't ask "are we there yet" and push developers to release something before they're ready. This aircraft was well worth the wait, and I consider it an instant classic.And it's flying in the background now :)-John

Hi Dirk:The engines are modelled as PT-6. Unfortunately Flight Simulator does not simulate Garrett Engines. This was an issue that also contributed to delay the release in order to find a suitable choice to simulate, but it was not possible.Thank you for your concern, we hope next versions of Flight Simulator would enable to depict these nice engines as it should be.Regards,

Hi Joe:Understand your concern and this is a quite sensitive topic in Flight Simulation Community. Be sure I also miss the days when just "no charge money" policies were more than enough to protect our work. Unfortunately after some very unfortunate Copyright violations and sad examples seen here along the years (I will not mention cases, but all of you know very well what I'm saying) forced us to impose these policies.If you really like the airplane, I'm quite sure you'll fly it regardless if you are a VA member or not. Veneaviones is not against Virtual Airlines, but our philosophy is that if sims are "as close as it gets" in reality, repaints should comply with that too. About "AVSIM only" is just because we want to carry on our statistics on how many models were downloaded, as well as to have control on our repaints so we will be sure they comply with the policies defined by us.I hope this will help you to understand the reasons of our policies and conditions.Kindest Regards from Venezuela,