Sign in to follow this  
highlandhippie

odd tiles on south coast UK between Isle of wight and mainland

Hello All

I am a new member to this forum and have not posted here before and wondered if anyone is abe to help me?

I have FSX acceleration and all of the horizon photo scenery for the UK. Recently for no apparent reason I spotted a couple of tiles that should be water ( and have been for the last 4 years) are now generic scenery tiles. I recently installed Revolution X onto my machine but after a conversation with them they do not think it anything their software would have altered.

If I were to post a few pictures of the said tiles and shots of the scenery from above as well as flying over it, is anyone able to identify the tiles that are causing the problem. I was hoping if I knew the tile numbers I could then set about replacing them of at least getting started on sorting the issue out. It is more of an anoyance than anything else but it would be nice to rectify the issue.

I will not post any pictures until someone says they may be able to assist

Any help would be great thanks

HH

I you are seeing square tiles that are land and your coastlines are square then it is normally corrupt wave textures. Without you posting screen shots, nobody can say for sure that they can help because nobody knows what you are seeing.

I would also need to know if you have REX textures installed, UTX, GEX, OrbX. What happens if you turn off the Horizon scenery. Do you have the highmemfix in the CFG file. Do you have your frame rates limited.

Park at an airport on the south coast, somewhere near the Solent, like Lee-on-Solent EGHF and do a shot of the top down view, big enough to see the coast line.

The old saying "a picture paints a thousand words" is never more true when trying to solve FSX texture problems.

There was certainly a problem with UTX whereby land tiles were showing in the sea off the Isle of Wight. Check over on the UTX support site at Simforums. As I recall, it was a problem introduced with one fix level and then fixed in another.

All you have to do is go into the UTX Europe setup, untick the waterclass sections, then retick them. That fixes most of these UTX rogue landscapes. I had a piece of land where the Scilly Iles should be, and also off the coast of Gibraltar as well as Bridlington Bay (not all at the same time of course, each popped up after a reinstall for other reasons).

Is there a Scenery Menu entry for Revolution X? If not, then maybe disable autogen and check again?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Something that really annoys me is when someone make a post asking for help. The community spends time trying to help by coming up with ideas and then the op does not bother to reply to questions or even return and post.

A simple, thanks for your help but it is fixed goes a long way. 

Well first of all thanks for the replies from those who did so. As far as not bothering to reply, i do have a job and a life outside of sims so I can only reply when I get time to get on the forum.

I have Rex essentials +OD installed as well as Rev X. I will try the solutions suggested by you all and then get back to you when I am able to get on line.

In the meantime I have some screenshots but cannot find a way to add them to my post. If someone is able to give me a hint that would be great.

Many thanks

HH

Well first of all thanks for the replies from those who did so.

As far as not bothering to reply, i do have a job and a life outside of sims so I can only reply when I get time to get on the forum.

I have Rex essentials +OD installed as well as Rev X. I will try the solutions suggested by you all and then get back to you when I am able to get on line.

In the meantime I have some screenshots but cannot find a way to add them to my post. If someone is able to give me a hint that would be great.

Many thanks

HH

PS have now added a link to the post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7nzehxzh5kdgxpw/AADViaJM4Ym_XjtJ7jDb5EAha

With respect to those who gave me advice here is "A simple, thanks for your help but it is fixed"

I am a member of a lot of forums but cant say I have ever been the subject of someones annoyance before, must be because I did not post my reply as soon as I had asked the question.

Anyhow thanks to those who made a positive contribution, the solution seems to have been to re order the photo scenery and this has now rectified the problem.

Much obliged

HH