Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Banned from topic for warning people of problems

I could not understand why there was so much bad press about the AVSIM forums and it's moderators. I have always been helpful on the forums, helping people with problems, helping to develop interest in this hobby we all enjoy.

Lately there has been a topic on a new piece of software, designed to improve FSX. This software came with a demo version and many claims.

After trying this much talked about software, I found that not only did it not do as it stated, but made things worse. Upon un-installing the software, the problems still remained. I then had to do a complete format of my computer, reinstall of FSX and all my software, all my add-ons and complete all the tweaks.

As a responsible adult, yes an adult not a child, I posted my problems in the topic to warn of potential problems with the software. Not that I was the only person with this problem. Not that I was the only person offering advice. Not only that but I stated that this was my problem, that not everybody had this problem and it was only advice.

I went to see if anybody else needed advice and found that I was banned from this topic. Now if the admins could explain to me as to why I am not allowed to warn people of potential problems with a piece of software. A problem that has caused my two days of reinstalling to get my system back up and running then I would be grateful. Maybe if I had said nothing and just watched other people having the same problems then I would have been thought of better.

I wonder why going against a developer is such a bad thing on AVSIM. And the worst thing is that the admin involved did not even have the decency to contact me telling me I had been banned.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wonder why going against a developer is such a bad thing on AVSIM.

Had you limited your comments to simple statements of your observations, there would not have been a problem.

Posting libelous statements on the other hand is a serious problem.

I wonder why going against a developer is such a bad thing on AVSIM. And the worst thing is that the admin involved did not even have the decency to contact me telling me I had been banned.

When you accuse anyone of including or placing malware on your system without substantiation, that is libel. That is against our ToS' and that is why you were banned from the topic and this topic is now closed. If you want to take it further, send me a PM.