Sign in to follow this  
mog

Installing the Mad Dog

Hi All, this is my first topic so be gentle with me please!

I've just purchased Fly The Mad Dog and am struggling to work out how to install it on my FS2004, I run FS2004 from an external HD linked to my Laptop, which is running Win XP, there is very little on the laptop so all it's tiny brain can concentrate on powering my flight sim. As it happens this peculiar arrangement seems to work well, I have connected the laptop to my TV via a VGA cable which gives me better definition than the laptop screen. I've partitioned the HD on one side is FS2004 and on the other Fly The Mad Dog. It's all installed and registered but I haven't a clue how to couple the Mad Dog and FS2004, Help!?

Before anyone says why pick that one the answer is simple, the first full fixed wing aircraft licence I held was the DC9 MD80 series, I was a knuckle dragger for 40+ years on many aircraft but my favourite has always been the good old Douglas Cable Corporation aircraft. At the moment I am flying HJGs' DC9 series developed with Stephan Hilmersbys' excellent cockpit arrays and I have t say I love it to bits.

I still have left over from my working days (I'm an old fart now) a MD80 schematic and auto pilot manual to help me remember the wrinkles so actually running the thing shouldn't be a problem, if I could only load it into FS2004!

Can somebody help me please?

Mog.

I've partitioned the HD on one side is FS2004 and on the other Fly The Mad Dog.

Welcome Mog.

Fly the Maddog should be installed INTO FS2004.  Run it's installer and make sure it points to the FS2004 directory.  Files will the inserted in Aircraft and Gauges folders. Flight files will also the installed in Flight Simulator Files folder usually located in My Documents folder.

The Maddog is one of the finest simulations available for FS2004.  Patience will be rewarded.  Best of luck.

Hi Appliance thanks for the welcome, also thanks for the response. I have done as you suggested but, (there's always a BUT!) whilst I can find the aircraft on the list under Leonardo SH and I can select it, as soon as I click on OK to move to the next page I get a crash to desktop. All the files you mentioned are in their respective places so I'm a bit confused, I had a look through the CTD forum on this site but couldn't spot anything relevant to my problem.

Any ideas please?

Mog