Sign in to follow this  
AJT1967

Another Sound Question

Hi community,

Not quite the same as the post below......but one thing that I have found rather annoying, is that when I start FSX at any airport, and my aircraft is idle, I hear a sound that sounds very much like a truck at idle near my aircraft. It's quite loud, and very annoying.

I've tried many changes in the sim sound configuration, but it is always there. I'm only using stereo sound, but I think that's what FSX was designed for?

Has anybody else heard this? And more importantly, can I get rid of it?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can change the environment, cockpit, etc., sounds in the FSX settings under Sound. The default is 50% for everything.

Best regards,

You say:  "I've tried many changes in the sim sound configuration".   Does this mean that you have looked at the sounds of the various ground vehicles in their respective folders?   Some of those ground vehicles alias their sound with another vehicle (e.g. with automobile), so you need to know what sounds you could comment out in their cfg files.

Chris

I've heard that occasionally.  You can make it go away by pressing the Q key to toggle sound off, then again to toggle it back on.  This technique will resolve a variety of sound errors.

Hook