Sign in to follow this  
Stofvel

EZdok / EZCA files - How Do I Save Modified Motion Effects?

Recently purchased EZdok 1.16 and upgraded to vs 1.17. Great Add-on!

Can create and modify Virtual cockpit, Aircraft and World views without issue. In World Views an amazing presentation with a Camera on Track by the runway.

This is being set-up, by me, primarily for the Carenado Phenom 100 (EP50), a bird I fly all the time.

Followed instructions to import motion effects (RND,DHM and CR) from a default plane similar to the aircraft. The closest in default planes was the Lear.

I exported each of the RND (Random), DHM (Dynamic Head Movement) and CR (Camera Resonance)) files and then imported these respectively in to my EZdok Carenado Phenom Camera set-up.

The effects were far too dramatic, so per instructions from another post I reduced the Global Gain button (or equivalent) on each of RND, DHM and CR motion effects and tried to save these changes.

The problem - the changes won't save! I have read post on post with nothing definitive.

So the Questions -  

1 - How do I save the modified motion effects files?

2 - Will these modified changes load in automatically or must they be manually loaded each time?

3 - I notiiced that there is a movement by some forum members to create a repository for EZdok Aircraft Profiles (Cameras) hopefully with Motion Effects - I think this is a brilliant idea. The only caveat is there should be someone to test these to ensure some compliance - but a rating system may suffice :)

4 - Finally does anyone know if motion effects are available anywhere for the Carenado Phenom 100 that I can download? I am happy with my camera views specifically because the World Views are set-up for my local airport.

And many thanks, in advance for any help anyone can provide. 

It is greatly appreciated.    

Once you change any of the settings in the FX sections in EZCA they are saved automatically.  No need to keep setting them up. 

Just get them how you want then you can always export that camera set and effects as a custom set for your Phenom.

Doogie

Thanks Doogie, unfortunately I make those changes (simply reducing the global gain or reducing the overall effect) and then I let FSX quit naturally and then EZdoc automatically quits thereafter.

Next time I open FSX - the motion settings have returned to the original settings not the modified settings.

I have tried going to File menu within EZdok and clicked Save (and replace) under the same name (an .ecs file, I think) or a new name and also Exported the  modified changes within each of the three but in every instance EZdok fails to save the parameter changes, always returning to the original imported settings.

Changes in Camera views save without a problem - it is only in motion effects (RND,DHM and CR) that changes will not save (automatically or otherwise). Also still looking for any specific  Carenado E50P Phenom RND,DHM or CR files for download.

Thanks again Doogie.

Hmmm,

Just a thought,  when you make the changes do you close the effects window with the close window X in the corener?  You have to do that before shutting FSX, think that saves your parameters. 

If thats not the case I`m out of ideas.  I tend to only run one profile for airliners and one for GA.  I then just adjust them to suit but these days I hardly touch the effects.

Doogie

Thanks again Doogie for your input, yes I closed off the effects windows first before closing EZdok.

The files are saved automatically in the documents folder, when doing a manual save, and I am wondering if file location might be the issue.

I know others are having the same or similar issues - from what I have seen so far.

I have a few other more common Carenado planes, the A36 Bonanza, B58 Baron, F33 Bonanza if anyone has created or know where I can download EZdoc Profiles hopefully with motion files.

Thanks for your help Doogie. I appreciate it.

THE SOLUTION

After reading through countless posts by those with similar issues, watching several tutorials, emailing some who may be better versed on the intricacies of EZdoc I finally stumbled, at long last, on the solution to why my motion effects files weren't auto-saving or regular saving for that matter (past tense :)).

The Short History

After right clicking on any of the three Effects Selection Buttons (Camera Shaking Modes) those being RND (Random), DHM (Dynamic Head Movement) and CR (Camera Resonance) a corresponding window appears that allows you to make adjustments to many parameters for the effect. The one and only, button parameter I chose to alter, in each of these selections, was the Global Gain (or equivalent) setting (after hitting Edit in the case of RND), always reducing the effect or lowering the number, in my case. 

I did this by placing the mouse button over the  Global Gain (or equivalent) Button, clicking once and then scrolling the centre mouse wheel button up or down to alter the setting - which it did. When I closed the effect off (clicking the X on the top right of the effect window - not the EZdoc window) and then returned - the new, modified setting had returned to the original. It did this for all effects.

The SOLUTION (for those who want the less winded pre-amble) -

To change the Global Gain Button (or equivalent) setting, and this probably applies to most other buttons in EZdoc - DO NOT USE THE MOUSE SCROLL WHEEL - Click once on the button then HOLD THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON DOWN - WHILE HOLDING IT DOWN - MOVE THE MOUSE UP OR DOWN (near the button) - RELEASE THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON WHEN YOUR SETTING IS SET TO YOUR LIKING.

Now when you close the effect window off by hitting X (on the effect window - not EZdoc window) and return - your new setting - IS SAVED!  :)

Wow what a time that was - pass it along to those posting with similar issues - no need to uninstall and reinstall EZdoc - uninstall and reinstall FSX or Windows OR sell the old girl just yet ... at least in this case.

Stofvel

EZdok / ESCA is truly an amazing add-on ad!

Nice work!  I had a veeerrry similar issue with my 1.16 version EZdok.  I completely uninstalled, reinstalled, upgraded to 1.17 (which I was hesitant to as it seemed like a beta version), and my problems went away.

Although honestly, it could be that I randomly happened to alter the setting in the way you described above the second time around and thus it may not have been due to the version upgrade.  Knock on wood it holds up for me.  Cheers.

Happy it worked out. The problem here is that we all become accustomed to interacting (interfacing - for the more savvy) with our systems in our own way. To even think a slightly different maneuver with a mouse, coupled with a few lines of unorthodox code, as set up by the programmer, could be the source of so many problems, for so many people, was truly unforeseen.

To the programmer and those who interact with their systems in a similar way, same old - same old - to those who learned a slightly different methodology - all hell broke loose. :)

Live and learn.

Thanks rufowler for the info.