Sign in to follow this  
dave_paige

Flaps and autothrottle disengagement

I'm wondering about what appears to be strange behavior when disconnecting the autothrottle. I watched Kyle Rodgers video about disconnecting the autopilot and the autothrottle. So I did as the video suggested and assign keys to the commands in the CDU and then, using FSUIPC, assign those keystrokes to buttons on my joystick. Ever since doing that and using that method for disconnecting both when on a coupled ILS approach, i noticed that my landings where a bit firmer and, upon rollout, noticed that the flaps had already retracted to 15 degrees from 30 degrees. On another approach I noticed that the flap retraction was actually happening upon disconnection of the autopilot and autothrottle.

So I just did a quick flight to determine exactly what was going on. It turns out that using the method in the video, "click, click and click, click" for each. Upon the second click of the autothrottle button to clear that warning, the flaps retract from landing configuration of 30 degrees to 15 degrees. I suppose this might be because the system might "think" a go around is being initiated.

Just curious if Kyle, or anyone, knows if this is "normal" behavior or what the explanation might be, thanks.

Dave

Dave Paige

Disregard previous post. I'm and idiot. It was simply competing button assignments that I thought I had taken care of.

Dave

Dave Paige