Sign in to follow this  
chingiz

ETA Time in Progress Page

am i missing something since my eta time in the progress page is about 4 hours less my UTC time

anyone noticed this matter?

Rupert Perry

am i missing something since my eta time in the progress page is about 4 hours less my UTC time

anyone noticed this matter?

Rupert Perry

You might want to say what aircraft this occurs on.

Isnt this the time Diffrence ??? since the FMC will give you the ETA in ZULU time - which I think is GMT. Not local time, I do think there is a way to change the clock to your local time, may need to refer to the manual for that.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Isnt this the time Diffrence ??? since the FMC will give you the ETA in ZULU time - which I think is GMT. Not local time, I do think there is a way to change the clock to your local time, may need to refer to the manual for that.

No.

FMC ETA progress and Chonometer in the aircraft don't jive with each other.  Both should both be Zulu.

Forget about what time it is on my PC or where I'm at geographically.

Current Zulu time flying over the state of Washington is 1618z and the FMC says I should arrive in Minneapolis 966 miles away at 1438z.

No.

FMC ETA progress and Chonometer in the aircraft don't jive with each other.  Both should both be Zulu.

Current Zulu time flying over the state of Washington is 1618z and the FMC says I should arrive in Minneapolis 966 miles away at 1438z.

Bios Battery perhaps??? FSUIPC time sync Issues ???

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Bios Battery perhaps??? FSUIPC time sync Issues ???

I've simplified the image because you either don't understand or you don't listen and you're derailing this thread. Please accept my apologies as I know you're trying to help.

No.

I have had that happen twice in the NGX about 2 years ago on two flights. If it is not a continuous problem that occurs on every flight I would not worry about it. Just chalk it up to nothing. Things happen.

777  latest SP1

BAW livery 

Rupert Perry 

I am sorry about the question. I thought I was in the PMDG General Forum.

I've simplified the image because you either don't understand or you don't listen and you're derailing this thread. Please accept my apologies as I know you're trying to help.

Helping is exactly what im TRYING to do, De-railing im am not. Lets just get this straight. Hope you find your answer. Good Luck.

spacer.png

Jason - I was about to say the same thing he did.  I wouldn't be dismissive of folks around here.  Nobody is getting paid to help people out here, and I'm pretty sure that comment ended his interest in helping here, which is unfortunate.

Are you running a machine that uses an ASUS mobo?

Kyle Rodgers

It is occurring again after a reboot. Has not occurred with the 777-200 (pre SP1) or the NGX.

http://boche.net/dropbox/2014-07-19_14-13-49.jpg

HW details:

Processor

3rd gen Intel Core i7 3770k (Ivy Bridge)
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    3.5GHz OC to 4.2GHz
  • RAM
    16GB
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    MSI
  • Video Board Model
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti
  • Video Memory
    2GB 192-bit GDDR5
  • Mother Board
    ASUS
  • Hard Drives
    Dual SSDs and 4TB SATA
  • Monitor
    Dell 24" LCD
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 64-bit
  •  
  • Yoke
    Saitek ProFlight
You're right and I did apologize earlier for being terse & I've sent a PM to 777. This is the PMDG support forum and I hope somebody is getting paid around here.  I know what GMT/zulu and offsets are but I fail to understand what that has to do with this issue. The chronometer and ETA should both be on the same page (Zulu).  Unless you're highlighting a known bug with ASUS motherboards. Again, haven't seen it using PMDG products for 3 years.