Sign in to follow this  
mbarcos

FSX crashes after 777 SP1 install

Hi,

I installed SP1 for 777. Before that 777 worked perfectly (at least I never noticed any issue). After SP1, while programming the FMC, FSX crashes, always when pressing a button (clicking on it), but not always at the same screen (can be PERF INIT, or any other menu).

Message window: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working

I use FSX Acceleration, Orbx FTX Global, UTX, AS Next, FSUIPC, EZdok, TrackIR5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Sounds like you might need to reinstalll the underlying dependencies such as visual studio vs2008/vs2010 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Im having the problem.  T7 wont load correctly.  On exit from FSX, it crashes.  Next time I launch T7, it demands activation again.

hi

I've installed the SP1 but when i use the fmc in perf page, if i press some button fsx goes in crash

why ?

Hi all,

After installing SP1, FSX crashes at PERF page. Not everytime at the same input, but everytime at that page.

Dear Jude,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I tried uninstalling PMDG 777 via the Control Panel and installing it again (Base Package, then SP1), but the error happened again. I then checked for Visual Studio, but only found Visual C++, and many versions of it (4 for 2005, 7 for 2008, 2 for 2010 and 2 for 2012). Is this what I need to repair? Is there a simple way for re-installing Visual C++? I mean, one that accurately chooses the version that must be re-installed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Miguel

After installing SP1, all saved flight plane can not be loaded. is there anyone has the same issue?

cheers,

Johnliem

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi, 

Have the same problem after SP1... When trying to Accept the PERF sim crashes.

Maybe some one from PMDG team can help on this issue?

Thanks

Janis

I got a BEX error when I loaded the aircraft first,but that's all and it hasn't happened since. 

Refer to this link 

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html and search for 

IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT and you will get to the vs200X section. 

Follow this section carefully.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Dear Jude,

Sorry for the late, it was a very busy week. Thank you again. I re-installed the C++ studio. Unfortunately it didn't work, but I noticed something interesting. In fact, at first it worked (no crash), and then, when starting FSX again, it crashed on Init Perf, when accepting the suggested settings. The difference between both times was that I first tried with FSX alone (and it worked) and the second time I tried with AS Next. So I tried again, without AS Next, and it worked again. Interestingly, what happened after accepting Init Perf was that a message appeared on the FMC saying that Wind Request was available (Wind Data Uplink Ready, or something similar). Could it be that the error happens when FSX / PMDG ties to communicate with AS Next?

Cheers,

Miguel