Sign in to follow this  
Lindy1958

Clock Time

Ever since I updated to the new version 1.10.6036, my clock has been continuously off zulu/UTC time.  I've gone into FSX's time/day and checked, but FSX seems to be showing the correct day & time, etc.  However, my clock in the 777 has been off by about 7 1/2 hours from UTC.  I've looked in the settings for each 777 setup via the Operations Center, but everything there seems okay.  I am not able to refer to or rely on the clock on my panel for the correct time at all.  This one's got me frazzled for sure!

Any pointers woud be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric Faber

FDC459

777-200 & 777-300 Owner

There was another issue with time early on in the release which turned out to be him using an old saved panel state which corrupted the time.

Not sure if that's your issue but worth checking.

Hope this helps.

Sean Green

Well, after totally unistalling both -200 and -300 models...doing a reboot, and re-installing both, I still get different UTC times between the panel clock and the UTC time and ETAs, etc., in the FMS.

Is there something I've missed?

Not sure how to delete my old saved panel states....that probably has something to do with it...

Any concrete assistance, other than "mayby this or that" thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, PMDG folks may want to consider programming subsequent installers to automatically delete, or offer the user a place to save previous panel states...during the install of, say, SP-1c.  This would possibly alleviate issues like this happeneing to people who do not read install "Readme" files, prior to installing an update (such as me).  A was under the (wrong) assumption that user-friendly installers would be programmed to make the install as worry-free as possible for the customer.

Anyway, help is appreciated.

I could not figure out how to attach a screenshot, otherwise, I would have....

Eric Faber

FDC459

Eric, in PMDG / 777x directory you'll find the directory with the panel state files. Delete them and install the SP1b patch, it will put the new panel state files where they should be, and your clock will be correct. I missed this during SP1(a) and fixed like it this.

23.png

Is there something I've missed?

Unless you uninstalled and reinstalled by the PMDG recommended procedure over at support.precisionmanuals.com, you're creating more of a hassle for yourself in the long run because uninstalling using the installer will not delete all of the PMDG files.  This can lead to issues down the line because users think it creates a "clean slate" and it really doesn't.

This, among other reasons, is why I tell people uninstall/reinstalls should be the absolute last measure.

Kyle Rodgers