Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Does Pilot2Atc Work As Voice Only ?

I've also found out that if I say call-sign then command I'm getting a higher 'hit rate'

EG   < call-sign>....pause....<command>.  Mileage will vary for everyone but worth a go

Also in the Config/Maint  screen > Voice Recognition tab  I've got both Initial Silence and End Silence set to 35..  Mileage will vary for everyone, but worth a play with

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Well, so far the speech recognition for me is a lot more miss then hit.  I have tried to change the values for silence and have tried the practice and most of the time it will read back something totally different then what i say.. example I said to descend and maintain 4000 feet and it came back with descend to 8000 and 4 feet. Other times it will just tell me that speech isn't recognized. I would say that I am getting about 10 percent hit rate. 

It's a shame, I really like the interface and what this program can do, but at the same time, it's unusable for me.  It would be great to have the option to make it push button.

Hi LKJ4595,

Yep I was having problems also. I've gone through the Windows speech  recognition training which helped. Also try speaking slower that might help

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi LKJ4595,

Yep I was having problems also. I've gone through the Windows speech  recognition training which helped. Also try speaking slower that might help

Thank you.. I'll keep plugging along at it..

Ok, so here is what I have found so far..I went to Microsoft voice recognition program and it was having problems too.  Well, I have heard someplace that a USB headset is better suited for voice recognition then the regular setup. Luckily had an adapter to plug mine into and ran the voice recognition software again. This time it worked much better.  After that I started  P2ATC and tried that and I am now having much more success.  Also what I figured out was that when you read the example in the practice session you have to put in your call sign that you saved and not the beach one victor bravo..:-)

Hope this helps anyone else that is having problems..

Thanks

Larry

Well Done Larry, yep USB is better and I found out the same also about saying YOUR call sign before the command works better.

Onwards and Upwards

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks Clive.  I finally got the voice to recognize most of my speaking but now it is crashing as soon as it tries to respond.. I'll be out of town today but I'll delete and reload the program and see if that fixes it.. Funny, it wasnt doing that when it didnt recognize what I was saying.. Maybe it's my voice it doesnt like...lol