Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

737-400 Flight dynamics

Guest saywhuut

Hey does anyone know where i can find realistic flight dynamics for the default 737-400? i dont want the PMDG plane b/c my pc is too slow for it..but i luv the default 737 panel and VC but the plane just isnt realistic..any ideas?thanks,Stephen

http://www.bh.com/companions/034074152X/ap...a-a/default.htmhttp://flyaow.com/planes.htmhttp://www.airliners.net/info/You can also get such info from Boeing sites. Just make a google search for the Boeing aircraft you desire.I modify the weights and fuel capacities for almost all of my planes as per what I hope is the most credible info available. (Yes I realize the logs differ slightly for each bird, but not as widely as some of the FDC's are).Hope something here helps.Happy flying:RTH 1585368CFI

Stephen,Modifying aircraft.cfg files without knowing what you are changing is not an option. Modifying JUST the weights won't make your plane perform more realistically as there are several other parameters to be changed like those with "MOI" at the end. And the MOI's cannot be changed until you know what to do. The only thing you CAN modify safely to make the airplane perform more stably are the RUDDER EFFECTIVENESS, RUDDER TRIM EFFECTIVENESS, AIRLERON EFFECTIVENESS values - these are usually set to 1.0. You can safely REDUCE these to, say 0.75 to make the controls less sensitive as the biggest problem with FS2004 commercial jets is their oversentivity to rudder/airleron control adjustments as per the postings I've read from many pilots and experienced flight simmers.As for FDE's for the 737-400, there are none that I know of. Noone has made any... But do not modify the values of the AIRCRAFT.CFG randomly as you don't KNOW how the plane will behave in real life and even if you get the specs on the plane from the links provided, you don't know how to TRANSLATE these to FS2004 language and enter the correct values into the AIRCRAFT.CFG file. But, reducing aileron and rudder effectiveness I am quite sure will help you approach the real plane's STABILITY - which will fit what I read from pilots over and over again - that these planes, especially the modern commercial jets are very stable in their controls. something one doesn't see in FS2004 - the default 737-400 feels like you're walking on ice with shoes on - it "skids" too much and feels very sluggish, which is a pain when trying to maintain a stable final before landing...Hope this helps.John