Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Ftx Cyse Squamish Airport. How Is It ?

I'm considering getting this airport. But I would like to ask some questions to those who have used it,

How hard does it hit performance ? One problem with these dedicated ORBX airport is that I sometimes get the impression that the impact on performance can be a little bit to much.

In the product description it says

Multiple Immersive Environments

Meaning what ?

Dynamic water coloring changes with seasons

Should the color of water change with season ? Is this not determined with what textures I use with REX 4 and being mostly the same around the same region ?

Light interactive ground textures

What does this mean and how is it different from other FTX airports ?

Super accurate agn annotations

What is an agn annotation

Agn = autogen....

Meaning they probably hand placed the autogen

I don't know about the others

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agn = autogen....

Meaning they probably hand placed the autogen

I don't know about the others

Yes, correct.

This airport has a very detailed control panel, meaning that you can turn on and off many of the area features if you want.

For my lower end computer it brought it to its knees with all option ticked on.  I have to turn off over half of them, particularly grasses.  Then I went into the files themselves and turned off several higher impact files, such as the street lighting (there are hundreds of hand placed light poles), and some of the boats in the harbour and old custom build buildings.

There is a thread about all this over in Orbxland, started by myself that could be very helpful for you.

Multiple Immersive Environments - this may simply mean that there is a control panel that allows you to turn on and off the various features....the phrase is kind of like listening to a politician, after they say something you are not sure what it was that you just heard.

Dynamic water coloring changes with seasons - can't say I've noticed this yet, as I have only flown it during summer season.  But I believe that regions from Orbx, where they place their own specific textures can in fact place water textures say in the river and at the mouth of the Squamish River that are unique to their scenery that will over ride what is provided by REX textures.  They season thing is that the can change these with the five seasons (fsx seasons.bgl controlled).  So they can set them for darker during fall and winter or lighter for spring and summer.

Light interactive ground textures - most likely that same thing as water, its actually quite simple to use several sets of textures, which is what FSX default does with seasons, to display a different texture set for each season, or time of day.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have a decent rig, and the performance was disapointing compared to other orbx products. Very nice looking scenery though...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have a decent rig, and the performance was disapointing compared to other orbx products. Very nice looking scenery though...

Do you mean with all features turned on ? What is your descent rig ? As good as mine (see left pane for my system info) ?

Do you mean with all features turned on ? What is your descent rig ? As good as mine (see left pane for my system info) ?

i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5ghz and a GTX770.

I don't turn everything on (I turn off most things that they warn will cause a performance hit) and my performance is notably much worse than other ORBX airports, I'm lucky to get 12fps.

At the end of the day, my computer is good enough to get me what I consider acceptable performance with other ORBX airports...this one is notably worse unfortunately.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I can't see that our pc specs have been added back to the sidebar.  As per my detail above.

FYI I am running an i7 920 - 2.7 Ghz, 1.7 Mb -GTX 260 Video Card....supported with 12 Gigs DDR3 RAM.

This airport will make demands on your system.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3