Sign in to follow this  
Dickens

Help Selecting A Rex Product

Hi all, at the moment I'm an owner of REX Texture direct. I've seen many videos withing FSX where REX Essentials + Overdrive is installed. Through my observations I've noticed that the cloud textures are much more detailed.

I'd like to know your opinions on this!

I know I should be reading over my self but I'd like to know if my theory is true, and I'd like to know what Overdrive does. I'd like to know if REX Essentials + Overdrive is an overall better deal than Texture Direct. If anyone could please compare/contrast about these two programs I'd appreciate it! Thanks.\

edit: ( I think this thread is posted in the wrong area, if it is please move it)

I have both and am thinking of going back to REX 3, more choice of textures. There are things I like about REX4 like the sounds, but IMO REX3 you have more choice of textures

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

you can mix and match between rex3  and rex4  so many options to choice from

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Overdrive was simply a huge package of additional textures for REX3 (Essential). I think this is the downside of REX4 Texture direct...you don't have the choice between so many texture sets.

Whether the quality of the textures is better for REX Essentials + Overdrive or REX4 Texture Direct I can't tell.