Sign in to follow this  
Wothan

Fsx Freezes With The B777 (Things To Try)

So what about a dual quad core machine. 2 CPUs with four physical cores each. Use the setting for 8 cores?

Dave

Dave Paige

You can try setting affinity with Task Manager/Process Explorer "on the fly" see what gives you best results, the set the affinity in the FSX.CFG, the check the freezes, diabling any cores for me led to drop in frames... so I use em all.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

From long 8 minutes to ZERO freezes. I'm a happy customer.

AffinityMask 14 seems to be the setting I wanted for a quadcore processor hyperthreaded. I would only fall back by a second or two if I change tasks while in the sim.

So I confirm the above for affinityMask 14.

From long 8 minutes to ZERO freezes. I'm a happy customer.

AffinityMask 14 seems to be the setting I wanted for a quadcore processor hyperthreaded. I would only fall back by a second or two if I change tasks while in the sim.

So I confirm the above for affinityMask 14.

I don´t fully understand !

Did You get rid of the freezes with affinitymask= 14 or =7 ?

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

AffinityMask=14 worked for me without a single freeze for the whole 7 hour 11 minutes flight last night. Before that AffinityMask=7 worked as well but apparently the first core was shared with the other apps so 7 wasnt as smooth as it was yesterday.