Sign in to follow this  
nekos13

Majestic Dash 8 - Q400 Installation Problems

Hi guys

Having some trouble installing the Q400

My flying skills far out-weigh my computer skills so i could be doing something stupid here :) 

I have the Boxed version of the Q400 and have been using this with FSX no problems at all.

I've made the jump to Prepared V2.2 now I'm having all sorts of problems.

What I have done so far...

Downloaded the installer for the boxed version and installed the software to run for P3D V2.2

I then Installed the Patch

Moved files over for effects and textures and mjc84_main.dll into the gauges folder

Now when I load up the Q400 of another aircraft 1st I get a cold and dark state with limited switching ability, the yokes hard left, retracted landing gear and no way of waking her up.

What have I missed??

Also the control panel is not working - receiving error message -  The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I have installed in a separate folder to Prepar3d, is this my mistake?

Thank you for the help.

I'm not entirely sure, but sounds like you might have installed it incorrectly.

I recently purchased Prepar3D and initially installed the Q400 v.1.008 with no problems.

I installed Prepar3D onto my secondary drive that I also have FSX on, but in a seperate directory (P3D is "F:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3d v2" and FSX is "F:\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator X."). After Prepar3D was done installing, I ran the v.1.008 installer for the Dash-8-Q400. When the prompt for the installation directory came up, I simply gave it the location of Prepar3D and not FSX. After that I hit the next and install button.

After that I've repeated the process with the v.1.009 patch. The v.1.010 patch is aware of Prepar3D and prompted me if I wanted to install to FSX or Prepar3D.

I'm not sure how different the box version installer is from the download version. I didn't have to copy any effects, textures, or dll's into Prepar3D to get it working.

I'd say, since you've already gone this far, to just uninstall the Dash-8-Q400 files you tried to install for Prepar3D. Then reinstall it into your Prepar3D directory as if it were FSX. After that run all the patched to update it to v.1.010. Run Prepar3D when finished.

If you continue to see problems then the folks over in Majestic Software's support team would probably be more than willing to help you get things sorted out on their support forum. Just submit a ticket.

Now when I load up the Q400 of another aircraft 1st I get a cold and dark state with limited switching ability, the yokes hard left, retracted landing gear and no way of waking her up.

Also the control panel is not working - receiving error message -  The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and mjc84syspan.exe cannot be found if I click on the link. When I install the correct simconnect msi manually, P3D doesn't load anymore.

Hopefully P3D 2.3 will do...

The System Panel IS NOT the same as the Control/Config Panel. It's for the Pro version only and was included with this Pilot version by mistake, which is why it doesn't work.

As far as I am aware the Majestic Q400 does not support being installed in both FSX and P3D at the same time on the same machine, something to do with the latest anti-piracy measures (please check Majestics own forums for more details), so this might be the cause of the problems some of you are experience

The V1.010 update supports FSX and P3D v2.2 only and I believe it has a dedicated P3D install mode that you should use. However I'm no expert as I don't own P3D (nor do I have the v1.010 update tbh, a few people are moaning about issues with it so I've stuck with 1.009)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

There are some problems with the 1.010 patch update for P3D2. Far as I know these are scenery issues, maybe more... But if you contact Majestic with your proof of purchase, you can get a download link for a full installer for 1.010 and with this one I havent had any problems at all.

Cheers!

Maarten

I haven't had time to contact majestic yet. Will do in the next day or to!

I did use my key to get the correct installer as the boxed version no longer installs due to licensing issues, as stated by majestic.

I had the q400 working on FSX. At the time I was running 8.1

I have now upgraded to windows 7, no longer using FSX just Prepar3d. I am selecting to install for prepar3d.

Just realy don't understand the side by side warning when I try to open the control panel!

Will contact majestic and get back to you.

I have it sorted!

Easy Fix guys

I think it is mainly a problem if you don't have FSX installed

Here is the email I received from Majestic

Happy Flying...

Hello Brendon

Most likely it is the following issue:

If there is no FSX installation on your PC, you might need to run the
following installer, found in your Prepar3D root folder:

\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

in order for the Q400 to be able to function

Thank you,
With best regards,
Oleksiy Frolov

Info from Majestic:

"You can ignore/delete that link for now s it only applies to the PRO and TRAINING Editions.  It will not work with the PILOT Editions".