The way thunderstorm clouds are depicted appears too light to me.  When they occur in real life they are sometimes very dark.  Just an observation.  Love the program, by the way.

Yes.. that is something I don't like.. but I think is a problem of FSX illumination. Whatever the number of clouds you have the illumination in ground will be the same as it would be perfectly clear. I think P3D v2 does this better.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

If you are above the clouds they will be white in real life, no matter how bad the storm is. When you are below the clouds that's when they look dark/black because less light gets through from the sun above the clouds, this below cloud level lighting is where things go wrong sometimes in FSX, it also depends on what cloud texture package you have installed. Some packs are more biased towards being white than they are grey/black.

Cheers, Andy.

Try a search for the freeware HDE FSX cloud and sky textures. I use them exclusively now. Very realistic.

They come with a variety of file sizes to suit low/med/high end systems.

Hope this is of use.

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg